Viparspectra PAR1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Viparspectra PAR1200

I have a Viparspectra PAR1200 LED. Trying to work out what height to set light at for seedlings, veg & flowering stages. Growing autos.

Has anyone got this light and could recommend the heights they have set at with success?

A snippet from the Amazon page. I hope my cut and paste works.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OlderNOTwiser; 02-14-2020, 07:17 AM. Reason: guess I can't spell.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

I don’t know about seedlings but my tc1350 is recommended to be at 40” for veg and mine has been at 36” with no issues.

Comment

depending on how many you grow at a time...I personally grow 3-4 at a time and start them in Solo cups. I place them about 6 inches below a 29W CFL plant spectrum table lamp (adjustable) for 24/7. Since seedlings need far less light it works great and you save money for the first 2 weeks not having to use all that electricity by having to use your light panel.

If the cost of electricity isn't a factor then the poster that published the image that provides light height is correct. The seedlings don't require intense light so the further away the better.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Ubu what size is your grow area? Your light will cover 3.5’x3.5’ for flowering at 36”. You may be able to go lower than that but you would be sacrificing light footprint.Also Viparspectra has good email customer service and responds quickly.

Comment

I would not start my seedlings under that light. Even at 36" seedling can't handle it. I have 2 450 vipar I would really fry my seedlings with it. Use a CFL or T5 plant light. Even a bright sunny window sill. My 2 cents
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal Yup, I wouldn’t either. My light says 60” at 25% power for seedlings and even that would be overkill and wasteful. Didn’t catch that you guys were talking about seedlings.

Comment

Hi mate...got a couple of non-dimmable 1200 Vipars in a 120 x 240 tent and have grown through veg and flowering. First off, they do light bleach and burn for sure however this is what I`ve found....veg requires-for me-both veg and bloom lights on and I started at 32" and gradually went to around 26-27" as they grew-just vegging settings was like waiting for paint to dry, Flowering I went as low as 18" and serverely burnt the leaves when seeing how close was close-now I keep around the 25" mark. At that height I adjust either a little closer or just out based on light bleaching but I`m getting the hang of them now and reckon I can get them to 24".. There`s only a 10" gap between my 2 lights as well so it`s pretty bright in there. I found good depth of penetration/ bud growth to be around 18" below canopy but this is still something I`m working on figuring out so will alter and extend hopefully-also, strain type is a factor. Need good airflow for sure and defol-buds are still dense however you need to be on top of your girls to get good, dense buds with these. Smell, taste, colours are awesome mate, teeth rattling for sure...my weed is stronger after changing from hps` but heat was a problem for me there as I now find these LED`s run 6c cooler than the hps`. I don`t grow seedlings under them. I like these lights mate, there may be better out there but they are alright in my book. Hope that helps.
                Last edited by PaganRich; 02-15-2020, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the great response PR! Cheers mate.
                  i don’t really have a choice with having my seedlings in there but they do seem to be going pretty good. Nice and healthy with a steady growth rate.
                  I have attached some pics which are five days from popping and planting in medium.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Ubu; 02-15-2020, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So far they look fine. Just I would not have them right under the sweet spot yet. There is a sweet spot with LED at least I've found it with my 2 lights. I would have them off to the side far away from direct beam. I'm pretty cautious with my seedlings.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X