Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Advice needed

Hello everyone, ok I think I'm close to harvest I've read about what to do from here but any and all advice is needed. This is my first grow and I'm not certain how to proceed.

Well Jon you are close but how close? Did you check trichs do you like how they look? You got hair in buds, I still see standing white stigmas I think if they were mine i'd let them go for 2more weeks are ya getting excited? Have you read about harvesting and how to? Your plants do look heavy great job.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thank you I've looked at the trichs but to be honest I'm just not sure what I'm looking at if anything I'd say a little amber a lot white. But I'll wait as long as needed even though yes I'm excited to smoke some of my first grow

Comment

Jon that’s good advice there. Are you looking at a magnified view of the trichomes? The plants do look good and don’t forget.... a good curing time just makes it better and better. How are you planning to dry the buds after you cut them down?

Comment

Thank you farmall well I'm looking through a 30 mag view I also am going to wait another 2 weeks prior to harvest. Then to cure I'll hang the cut stems in my tent for a week then into jars. At least that's what I've read to do only 1 question lights on or off while they're hanging?

Comment

Jon lights off.... in fact, one of the best methods I have used ever ..is to place a single layer of buds on the bottom of a brown paper grocery bags. Close the top, wait 5-6 days then jar them...burp the jars for 2-3 weeks. Each day while in the paper bags, give them a gentle toss to prevent flat spotting... I say this every time I tell someone about this technique....thank-you D.A.A.S.69

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Let me re-phrase the sequence for dry and cure...
              Cut the fresh buds and wet trim
              Place in the paper bags and go for the 5-6 days in darkness, lightly turn buds daily
              Jar it up and burp jars

When I re-read this, it sounded a bit whacky

• Eliot Pryor
              Eliot Pryor commented
              Editing a comment
              Farmall , that's the way I have done it many times. Its too easy people can't believe it.

Thank you again farmall I'll try it plus that way I can get a new grow started even sooner

Comment

Yes I do the same with my buds that need trimmed off the stem. I place in brown bag roll it down leave in dark closet shake a couple times a day then jar it up. Branches I test once a day for dryness whilst hanging. Are ya going to wet trim or dry trim? Great job Jon your going to feel a whole lot more confidence knowing more the next grow you do.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I use boxes, same thing more bud in each box, single layer, etc..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	192F7956-9EEC-4A75-BEDB-4083AD9B9D92.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	952.9 KB
ID:	375638Click image for larger version

Name:	EE27C874-7026-404F-BBFB-701B382721CF.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	702.8 KB
ID:	375637 I’m probably a caveman for doing it this way but I hang the branches on hangers in my poorly sealed garage. When they feel really crunchy but the little ones don’t pop off yet (like 2-4 days), I buck the buds off into 150 qt coolers. I’ll check them every 2-4 hours and fluff while monitoring the moisture making its way back into the leaves and adjusting how much I leave the top open. I’ll try to make this last 1-2 weeks. When they’re like 75% dry, I’ll trim them and put them in half gallon mason jars with Boveda packs. I’ll check them once or twice a week and leave the lid off for a while if needed. Usually takes about 2-3 months before I’m smoking it. I’ve had surprisingly good results doing it this way. You just have to be able to keep a close eye on everything.
                  Last edited by Guest; 02-14-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Once again thank you everyone for the advice. My intent is in 2 weeks to start cutting the steams off hang them for 12 hours or so then put them in brown bags for a week then into jars for 2 more weeks. Now the new question is what is wet cutting I've never heard of it. But other than that how's the plan?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you put them in bags that wet make sure you move them around in the bag or you’ll get flat spots like Farmall says. It’s not as much about the time as when the buds are ready for the next stage. You don’t want to over dry but it’s worse to get moldy buds. If they’re wet and enclosed you should be checking them frequently. Also temp/hum play a large role. If it’s cool and humid the flowers need some airflow to dry. I don’t recommend ever pointing a fan directly at them though as you can over dry them easily.

Jon if you mean wet trimming, it is cutting off the leaves as if you were going to smoke the bud. Trimmed and prepped, so, when you take it from the jar all dried and cured, it needs nothing but grinding to roll or bowl it up.

Comment

Thank you both I think I'm starting to get a better idea of what to do but I'll be back without doubt.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X