autoflower trichomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autoflower trichomes

I read online that some autoflowers don’t produce amber trichomes... can you please tell me if you think that this is true? tia.

Ive grown around 50 autoflowers all produced trichomes
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Okay thank you very much Cloud!!

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        Stoned and multitasking sorry meant all got amber trichomes as well.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        My last grow had a plant with maybe 5% amber that barely increased over 2 weeks.. It got the chop and is a great smoke. Being Sativa dominant it energizes mentally and relaxes at the same time so I think it was a great time to harvest it.

Hi CatMomma your question was amber trichomes on auto flowers. Sometimes not often even photo period plants don't produce much amber I've read some go so much longer in time and still no amber so I guess if after a couple weeks past end of flowering time still no amber or very little but totally cloudy leaf all funky dead I would just make the call and cut it.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thank you SoOrbugal. I appreciate your input... next week I’ll post another photo and hope that you will offer your advice. tia!

Comment

I agree with SoOrbudgal, here's something I found, the lens I was using to view the trics with was cheap plastic and did not produce the colours correctly. When I got my jewelers loupe that changed and I can now see the colours. So though my autos may or may not have ambered, I couldn't see it with that sorry lens,,,

Comment

I agree with SoOrbudgal and Rwise I went through so many loops.. I found a microscope on Amazon that's not expensive and does the job BUT it can be challenging to juggle the scope and phone at the same time..what works for me might not work for everyone else..here's a pic it's a sour patch kiss strain I think I might cut soon.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Heck my hands shake my eyes water looking close ups for longer than 30seconds. Takes me several looks at a time to judge somedays. But it's important to be sure. Lovely shot @Greengingo. BTW I saw some beautiful bud pics in a local dispensary but those I've seen here and yours are much better quality. Some of you folks really got nice cameras on your phones.

Thanks SoOrbudgal it's actually a microscope that attaches via your phone..you download the software from Google play store and the camera was 25 dollars Canadian so if your in the states that would be like 15 bucks American..lol..just point the wand and snap the pic to your phone simple..I still use my loop occasionally.heres another pic of a thrip pupa's.

Comment

Here's a pic of the actual thrip mind you these little buggers are really small

Comment

This is the scope.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Greengringo those are some kind of shots.

Your very welcome SoOrbudgal

Comment

Thank you all so much!!!!

Comment

Your welcome CatMomma hope you find something that gets you passed this issue nothing worse then cutting a plant down to early..good luck.

Comment

Thank you Greengringo. I’ll post a photo next week to get opinions from you guys. This website has been so helpful!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X