First time, total noob. Just transplanted, not sure what to do now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time, total noob. Just transplanted, not sure what to do now

So it's my first time trying to grow anything basically. It's a single Northern Light. Since it's my first time I don't expect it to survive, but I will try my best!
    Been following the guides here and some other places and have just transplanted my little plant to a bigger pot.

Starting to think it's time to trim or softly tie it down?

Any pointers in how it's looking and what I should do?
    I can take some more photos. The black spots on the leaves was just some dirt.

Any comment or help much appreciated!

Thanks!

it looks perfect. gotta give the plant some time to grow for now, be real careful that the plant doesnt touch the bulb, check every hour or so. or raise the light a couple of inches so the plant can grow

Comment

Thanks!
      Yep, have been keeping an eye out and just lowered it 4-5 cm.

Comment

Looking healthy, Welcome to the growing forum of GWE. Ask away we are here to help
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I would give it a few days to a week after transplant before doing any training.

Comment

Thank you, seems like a great community!

Originally posted by Bengfan View Post
            I would give it a few days to a week after transplant before doing any training.
            Thanks for the advice. Will wait a week to let it recuperate.

Comment

Tip that works well for me- I use LST to train them...tying them.down...i transplant/set my seedlings or clones tilted instead of straight up and down...makes that first tie easy. It also forces me to plan ahead of time where I want them.to go as they grow.

Comment

Is this an auto flower or a photo period plant? It will affect the level of training you should provide over the next few weeks.

Comment

I am growing an NL as well (auto). If you don't have proper lighting then it will most likely fail. Hopefully you have more than just a household CFL. At the seedling stage they don't use a lot of light as the roots are still being established but if you want it to produce, you will have to stick in the sun (direct- at least 8-10 hours a day) or get a decent grow light panel. NL is susceptible to Nute burn so dial back the nutes and flush every other watering.

I tried the multiple CFL thing once too...4 plants (Early Miss) were pathetically tiny and in total produced about 20 grams. That's less than a low yield single plant produces. These plants were supposed to produce a minimum of 35g each.

Luck is not a factor with cannabis...a little learning and some common sense will produce a good yield. Read up on the growing basics and cannabis in general and you'll get the hang of it.
                  I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

4X28 watt CFLs

Comment

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
                      Is this an auto flower or a photo period plant? It will affect the level of training you should provide over the next few weeks.
                      It is a photo period plant and not a auto flower.

I use an 125 watt CFL. This is something that I will add to or change over time. I will probably go with just one light for this first try and see how it goes and then build from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
                        4X28 watt CFLs
                        Looks fine to me . Where you happy with the outcome/yield?

Comment

• Rwise
                          Rwise commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Happy yes and no, I certainly agree it could have been better, but some of us are on a budget. It made good smoke and we needed that! I just bought a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 LED with the savings from growing my own! It will do a better job.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X