Need Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help!!

So since my last grow turned out to be a male I'm starting over, I thought my grow setup and environment and everything I did was correct but hey when you dknt have feminized seeds it happens. But my biggest questions that remain are A being that I only have a veg and bloom switch, (no adjusting) should I be running them both at all times from start to finish and just change to 12 12 when it's ready to go flower or no, I hear the plant needs both through all stages and also heard that in veg stage you only need blue and some white, and to intense light at an early stage can affect the plant?? And B for a 1 plant indoor grow tent what is the best indoor soil to use and easiest to use with no nutrients?? I hear a lot of different opinions.. any suggestions help, thanks and happy grpwing!!

As long as the wattage is enough, I'd run veg on veg spectrum and flower on flower spectrum. There's a lot of science that goes into good lights...trust it...
    ​​​​​​As for soil, I'd pick one for sprouts and seedlings that has no added nutes. Start in small containers and transplant to something that has nutes when they're at least a couple weeks and have 4 or 5 nodes. Small plants burn really easily.
    as far as light height, that depends on intensity and what kind of light it is. My LEDs do best about 36" off the plants. No matter what light, start with the manufacturer suggestion and adjust from there. Every strain is different...every grow is different...
    Good luck!

Comment

So no red light at the beginning stages??

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
        OlderNOTwiser commented
        Editing a comment
        What is the brand and size of your lights?

• MrGreenThumb
        MrGreenThumb commented
        Editing a comment
        1000w Gixer

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        If anything, added red may produce some elongated nodes but the plant will always benefit from the extra photons of light with everything turned on. Balls to the wall.

To minimize as much red spectrum as I can for the first 3 weeks I use 23 watt 6500k CFL’s. Then ill switch to my broad spectrum leds. This works very well for me with causing plants to stretch for light

Comment

• MrGreenThumb
        MrGreenThumb commented
        Editing a comment
        How about a 60w full spectrum led to start off?

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        MrGreenThumb full spectrum whether 50 watts or 500 watts is still full so it has red to blue across the spectrum ...so for me personally, no

1000w Gixer

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        What does it pull from the wall? True watts. I use veg light only 2-3wks then both lights on and veg them till I get the height and adjust it as needed for the plants. I run both lights on veg-bloom for 2months 18/6 then flip 12/12. Just saying how I do it. We have very different lights.

• MrGreenThumb
        MrGreenThumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok very helpful info, thank you. Yea I'm not sure of the true wattage its pulls, but it's a $70 light from Amazon, nothing to fancy but seems to give good lighting and the plants seem to like it, but yea that's exactly what I needed to know the time frame of each light spectrum and yours sounds pretty accurate, thanks again and happy growing to ya..

It is Giixer. According to Amazon it pulls only 110w from the wall. I'd run veg only for babies up to about three weeks and then full on 'til harvest. I saw a height recommendation but it didn't stick. May have been in the Q & A section.
      TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
      EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
      AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
      IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X