Amber at 4 weeks? Asking for a friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amber at 4 weeks? Asking for a friend.

Friend flipped his 3 plants about a month ago. I would have expected them to stop stretching now and start fattening but they appear to be ambering pretty early. Two are clones of Blue Glue, one is a clone from another friend, all grown in fox farm soil. All appear to be ambering. His LEDs are at around 18" which is OEM recommended. I thought maybe he had sprayed with something for WPM that may have burned the pistils but he hasn't. Any thoughts on this? Amber pistils at 4 weeks seems very early to me, but maybe these two strains just grow that way or it is something environmental. It's the pistils all over the plants, not just the tops.
    Last edited by WizardsNThings; 02-08-2020, 04:31 PM.
    2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
    Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
    260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Pistols going amber at 4 weeks isn't anything unusual
    what you want is the thricomes to be 30 % amber before harvest
    5x5 tent
    2000 watt Aglex cob series
    Mars SP250
    Six inch carbon filter
    Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

This will happen usually about a week before harvest you will start to see amber in trichomes
      5x5 tent
      2000 watt Aglex cob series
      Mars SP250
      Six inch carbon filter
      Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

I'm going to take a stab and say raise the lights. I've had this with lights being too low. Not knowing what type of strain this is I think it's too early for trichomes to ripen something has to be stressing out the plant.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Amber pistils at 4 weeks, no big deal. Let the trichs amber and decide when to take em down.
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X