Super Silver Haze 12/12 Day 71 Not sure if ready for harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Silver Haze 12/12 Day 71 Not sure if ready for harvest

I feel like it's about to be harvest time for Super Silver Haze, but I feel conflicted. I vegged for 60 days, then flipped to 12/12, and I had planned to cut it down this Sunday, so I started my hydroponic flush two days ago, but I'd like to get a fourth, fifth, maybe even sixth opinion, in case maybe it's generally considered too early. I was really conflicted and decided to feed it 5/9 the nutrient intake for flowering yesterday just in case, but I'd like to hear from y'all to see if I've made a mistake and should start flushing again soon. Estimate is supposed to be 60-70 days of 12/12, but there were very few amber trichomes.. I was using my jeweler loupe, but I found it cumbersome and inadequate, so I took these photos with my macro lens on my camera. Let me know what you think, opinions seem to vary strongly on 9 weeks-12 weeks for this strain and whether it needs to show amber trichomes to be considered properly mature or not. I figured it'd be better to trim it late than early, since I'd read that you can be up to four weeks late before things start to really deteriorate, but all the hairs are orange-reddish now, and it's nearly 100% cloudy trichomes, so it seems right? But, I'd read also that vendors are either overtly optimistic about flower harvest times, or vendors consider, in this case 60-70 days, to be days counting up from the day I first spotted flowers, as opposed to the day I switched to 12/12. It's all very confusing, and I don't want to harvest it and end up with something super mediocre because I wasn't aware it wasn't time. It's worth noting that in photos of other people's harvests, I've seen leaves turn wild colors, yellow, purple, red, during the "ready" stage, but mine are just showing a couple of leaves turning spotty brown, like there's a calcium deficiency, no other leaf changes besides what appears to be orange tips due to what I have assumed to be a slight nutrient burn.

Photos are from two days ago:

I'd say you are at least one most likely 2 weeks from any amber trichomes IMHO
    5x5 tent
    2000 watt Aglex cob series
    Mars SP250
    Six inch carbon filter
    Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

You go by the amber colors. Some like less some like more. Just depends if you want sleepy weed or not.
      I find the breeders are typically spot on with the flower time estimating. The only real trick is knowing if your plant is old enough to have reached maturity or not. If it has not, you wait until the first signs of flower to start the counting.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Toker1 View Post
        You go by the amber colors. Some like less some like more. Just depends if you want sleepy weed or not.
        I find the breeders are typically spot on with the flower time estimating. The only real trick is knowing if your plant is old enough to have reached maturity or not. If it has not, you wait until the first signs of flower to start the counting.
        Ok, so my research stated that cannabis plants, as a rule, need to generally vegetate 60 days before 12/12. I started flower at 61 days of veg, so that should be considered starting 12/12 at maturity, yes?

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Every strain will be different. As a general statement, I would assume 60 days would be enough. But it depends on a lot of factors. Did you see any pre-flowers appear during veg? That is a sure way to tell a mature plant From not

Yep, I saw pre-flowers appear on veg day 50, and started flowering after day 60.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would start counting from the switch. Some phenos will grow/bloom faster than others. Enjoy!!

Been wanting to get my hands on some SSH forever. From those pics I'd never guessed that was what they'd look like. Those buds (which look fire!) appear more indica.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• Hoverbeast
          Hoverbeast commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting! Would that be because of the look of the height of the plants (I did a good bit of LST), or the buds' appearances themselves? First grow in over a decade, second total, so I'm not too familiar on the looks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X