• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ventilation

Hi everyone, I wanna ask about ventilation. I am looking for purchasing:

1. 98x48x80 or 8x4x7 grow tent
    2. 2 3000w aglex cob leds.
    3. 8 inch ventilation system 740 cfm

my question is that will I need an ac for the tent for cooling down or the inline fan is enough to take the hot air from the leds out of the grow room? Will I need an intake fan as well to bring the air in to the tent? And is there a way to automate the ventilation system as I dont want to turn it on or off manually want it to turn on when it gets hot and turn off when it cools down. It gets really hot here during the summers will I need a dehumidifier aswell?. I'm new to growing any guidance would be appreciated.

Check out ac infinity....they have inline fans with temp and humidity control built in to the fan. Great product.

i would get a 6 inch fan for that tent and no need for intake fan... it will bring in from the bottom of the tent when exhausting heat or humidity.

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-C.../dp/B074XBXFPD

Comment

Hey Schwaggy, will this be enough for the 8x4x6.7ft grow tent?

Comment

• Schwaggy
        Schwaggy commented
        Editing a comment
        I think a 6 in fan would be good enough but if you have an extra $50 then you could get the 8 in. The fan slowly spins ups so it won’t ventilate at full blast if it doesn’t need to.

For that size of a tent I’d go with a 8” exhaust fan. From my experience a fan that’s too big just won’t have to work that hard but a fan that’s too small will never move enough air. I highly recommend the AC Infinity series that has the temperature/humidity controls. You’ll pay a little more but it’s completely worth it. You set your high/low temperature and humidity levels and it does the rest. Well worth it

Comment

I bought an AC Infinity myself a few months ago. It's a 4 inch pulling for two tents and I still don't have to push the fan speed past 5 out of 8. Their fans are much quieter than any I've tried. Before that, I had a Vivosun that had a nasty tendency to come undone in the middle, causing it to bend its shaft, fatally the second time it happened. BTW, I use a 4 inch because it matches up with a dryer vent pipe I use for a stealth exhaust.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t care for Vivosun fans either. Their other products aren’t bad though. I have a 4” iPower fan that I use as a intake to feed two tents, it moves a lot of air and it’s quiet but you can’t beat AC Infinity for a exhaust fan. I’m all about simplicity.

Using a Cloudline T-6 for 4 x 8 x 7 and it has performed flawlessly for the last yr. the 6” vent goes outside though a clothes dryer type flapper vent but is 6” and available at Home Depot or Lowe’s or Amazon.
        the programmable Cloudline remote makes this thing a perfect fit and rarely ran full speed. My lights are low heat however an my ambient temps are less than 78. I actually have 2 of them but that space is 4x4x7 and can suck the sides in tightly

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X