Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My plants are going to be too tall. Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoOrbudgal Thanks! I didn’t train mine this time and regret it. Faster turnaround but yield and quality seem to have suffered
    4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

Super crop results Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181219_134010378.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	374301Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181219_133340496.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	374302

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that looks pretty sweet

This is exactly what happened on my tumble weed, I truly believe it added more weight
      Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
      A tale of two seeds
      Batter Up Sour Deisel
      Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
      New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
      Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

I'v only done LST for my first two indoor grows, just tie/loosen /adjust them through veg, and keep a flat table top..all the flower tips are the same distance from the light.(really important if your height restricted!)
        This way, all your main colas make about the same size bud.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Previously you and I were talking about target yields. Now I can see why you’re reaching yours. Beautiful.

Although height was not an issue for me I still did some training. bending and now there are way more flowers. Remember since your indoor lights are in a fixed position, the light only reaches the top of the plant. Unlike the sun where it moves and allows more light all over the plant (assuming you have it in the right spot in a garden or yard).
        You should start training/bending at the first signs of flowering...I started at week 4 and the amount of glowers has likely doubled
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Where on the stems are you bending once flowering starts. My stems are pretty woody almost all the way to the top already.

Click image for larger version

Name:	65870D9D-FDDA-42AB-943D-ED43BBE538D4.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	3.98 MB
ID:	374725Click image for larger version

Name:	51256965-BAF6-41E1-BA64-4F2790367237.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	374724Click image for larger version

Name:	A7F23416-FD01-459D-A167-9B85D51FCC7F.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	374723

Thank you all for the killer advice! I just pruned them and they’re 22-24” tall. I think I’ll get some 4” disposable trellis/scrog netting and zip tie it to the horizontal bars. Then keep the plant under it and spread out. The plants are putting out a bunch of main stems now which I’m assuming will all be colas.

Comment

I broke my knee today so I can’t get down to tie them down or trellis/scrog. About the most I can do is water them. Fingers crossed that they don’t get too tall. The stems are already so woody that I’m not sure I could bend them anyway.

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, that's not good. Hope you get better soon.

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Was sprinting with my dog and slipped. A race I never would have won.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X