General Hydroponics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Hydroponics

Looking to add a boost to my grow this time around. Trying to decide what's the best option in the General Hydroponics lineup is the best. Any input would be appreciated.

no idea, i just switched a couple of months ago from botanicare and im still dialing in the trio. but im wondering the same thing, botanicare pure has a lot of humic acid in it and GH doesnt so i think i want to add that for starters

Comment

I use the Flora Trio and they make a Performance Pack. I attached my last feed chart of that helps Click image for larger version

Name:	BDDD1270-C6A7-420F-895D-36F426D69713.jpeg
Views:	1758
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	373218
      4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

I currently grow with GH, with the exception of PH problems, It has worked very well for me. However, I was recently enlightened of who owned GH.

Farming and Ranching is how my family survived for generations, I was to young to know why, but recall my grandfather raising cane about not being able to keep his seed, and having to plow cotton fields under or face a fine.

I copied the below from a articule that better explains, but apply these same principles to the seeds we are using today, the money is there to draw the four remaining companies in to patenting the seeds, and modifying the seeds to not produce or illegal to grow (genetic indicator in the seeds)

But those familiar with Monsanto, Syngenta, or Dow know how this story played out. Plant patenting and crop hybridization from the 1930s onward worked to interrupt farmers’ ability to regenerate their own seed, combining law and biology to turn a ‘commons’ into something that must be purchased anew each year. Today, the seed industry is amongst the most concentrated branches of the agrifood system, with just four companies controlling 56% of the proprietary seed supply.

So.... again, I had very successful grows with GH, intend to finish my current one (1/3 strength), fight the ph issues until I harvest it, and then change to Future Harvest is the plan at the moment.
        Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 02-05-2020, 10:40 AM. Reason: Should proof "Before" I post
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Howdy Porcha, I have used (and with great results) the Armor Si, Diamond Nector, FloraNector, Floralicious Plus, and the Liquid KoolBloom with the base nutrients MaxiGro and MaxiBloom (dry powders). I have not used the liquid nutrient lines. The Maxi line comes in 2.2 lb. bags and it only takes 1.5 tsp/gal (at maximum feed rate) and does not need any 'micro' nutrient added. I use the local water which is hard enough that It does not require the use of CALiMAGic.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello My friend, got a question for You, i just got some maxi and the pH drops dramatically and has to use 25 ML of pH up to raise a bucket to 6. How you manage pH? You know the ec 1,5 teaspoon is? Or ppm? Thanks buddy hope you doing fine

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Howdy 9fingerleafs, I'm doing well, how are You doing? First of all, I use the local tap water (around 7.0 pH) and I pre-pH (if that is a word! lol) the water down to 8.0 using 5.2 ml GH pH down per gallon. Doing this seems to better dissolve the MaxiGrow / Bloom. I don't use any meter, just pH (dual panel) test strips. I mix up the nutrients and supplements in one gallon which usually brings the pH down to 4.5. I bring the pH back up to 6.0 using about 3/4 tea spoon of GH pH up (dry powder). The remaining water, at 6.0 is added into the reservoir with the 'concentrated' nutrient mix. This may seem a little 'screwy' , but it works for me. Several grows back, I nearly killed off my plants by chasing the pH up and down in the reservoirs, so now, I do all of the pH adjustment before I put it in the reservoir. I hope that this helps out.

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            It does. So maybe I’ll try mixing the nutrients in a smaller container and ph there. Also I didn’t know I could get powder ph up. Seems like a cheaper stronger product. Thank you my friend. I’m also doing fine but I quit for now mixing my own salts because I kept having issues with too much mpk and overall ratios. Planing on buying either maxi or peters professional for the foresee able future

Porcha, for what it is worth I have tried bloom boosters and have grown without and I see no difference. You already have a good line of nutes. Try getting them along with your environment tweaked for optimum performance and I think you will be very happy. Also, if you want to try some of the suggestions here, try on one plant and not the others as an experiment. They should be from clone and from same mother but even if not you can still get a general idea just to ease your mind. Good luck and happy growing!!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X