Auto Clones Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Clones Test

Just for fun decided to see what I can grow if anything from 23 day old cuttings of the Creme de la Chem Auto. Snipped them from the second node growth when I was trimming up the mother plant.
    I know they will be the same age basically as the mother which has not shown signs of sex yet. Trimmed the cuttings and put them in some tap water with a touch of kelp extract and rooting powder.
    maybe they can be backup solocup entries. lol.

I didn't think you could clone autos?
    5x5 tent
    2000 watt Aglex cob series
    Mars SP250
    Six inch carbon filter
    Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

Nute Generally speaking they can’t be cloned. But with so much back breeding and cross breeding with indica/saliva strains, I wonder if they can.

im interested in the results.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Me too
        ​​​​​​that would be very cool if it can be done
        5x5 tent
        Mars SP250
        Six inch carbon filter
        Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

I cut one for an experiment and it is making roots but it hasn't been planted yet.

Comment

You just have it in water funkybuttlovin?
            5x5 tent
            Mars SP250
            Six inch carbon filter

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, sitting in plain water like the rest of them. It wasn't very fast to root but it did it.

I have done clones from autos, just remember you cannot turn back time, and time has already passed for these clones. I am not saying dont do it, certainly have fun with it, just dont expect it to get big as Moma was/is. Some actually clone very easy, some not so well, just like photos.

Comment

9 days and no roots yet.
              Cuttings are healthy and green. I suspect they will root fine but it may take a while and then we shall see if they can be grown out quickly and with a decent return on the invested time, space etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200211_174852.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	375008Click image for larger version

Name:	20200211_174905.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	375009
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmm interesting experiment rooting autos. Good luck

Here is a snowryder I done,,,

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                OK need some help harvesting that monster LOL sorry just messing cause i'm feeling good today.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok I'll try, it took 10 days to get roots, ~14 days to start growing. During that time it seemed the internal clock was on hold and started counting when she started growing. It was fun to do and watch, but not worth the time involved for a small teeny tiny harvest. If you have extra room go for it, but dont depend on it for a harvest. Consider it a learning thing.

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Rwise Ya, doing it just for fun with no real expectations of a harvest. The leaves are already pointing up and looking better. Realistically I would think the slower flowering autos would be the best candidates for something like this.

The CDLC auto clones are showing roots finally after 2 weeks. Again all I did was place them in a glass with ph'd tap water with a little kelp solution and dusted the cut ends in rooting powder.
              A few more days and I will place them in solo cups in coco/perlite and see what happens. Doubt I can grow monsters like Rwise but who knows. LOL

Comment

Clones now in solo cups with roots 1.5 " long. Planted in precharged coco/perlite and will be hand watered with a weak nute solution (350-ppm, ph'd close to 5.5) and 36"s below the QB full spectrum light.
                Now the test begins!

Comment

CDLC clones are growing but already into flowering. as suspected and stated they keep the age and growing stage of the auto mother plant.. But let's see if I can grow them at least 1/2 an inch taller and wider then Rwise

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200301_103057_resized.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	380374

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Do ya need any help with the harvest, maybe hire some trimmers LOL

I have one going too, just a tad taller than yours if it makes 2 joints I'll be surprised

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL Rwise felt that way about the first auto i grew WTF should of grown 20 to make a lid

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2004.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	380544​ Ok, so being easily bored and naturally curious I've heard you can't train or clone autos, thought I would see what happens. Topping and tying down, again and again, mainline? quad? then what sexline?. About six weeks in I did a trim job and dropped a couple for clones. On the clones I decided to not touch em and see what would happen. I ended up with a two foot cola. Oh yeah these Sweet Tooth autos. are under a 315 lec. 20/4 hr. in 5 gal. smarty pots with my prefered soil amendment, with f.f neuts. The pics are obviously not in order,my bad.​​
                  Last edited by PRIMO; 03-02-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• JohnEmad
                    JohnEmad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would think a longer flowering auto could work fine if a clone is taken early enough. The fast flowering ones like 60/65days are probably not the best candidates.

I found training to be great on autos, keep the canopy level and low works best. Tie em down, top em break em over

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X