Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamiacaveman
    commented on 's reply
    Hey pfradonman, I see the auditor general of PA wants to legalize weed, but the Gov. didn't seem so sure.

• pfradonman
    replied
    I put one in each jar after drying. Don't pack the jar - leave enough room so you can shake the contents so things don't start sticking together. Here's the trick: after the first 24 hours in a closed jar, open the jar and let it 'breathe' for 12 hours, then re-seal the jar. I do that again for 6-10 hours after the jar has been sealed for at least 24 hours. Shake the jar occasionally to move the contents about. I've had buds in jars w/paks in for long durations. Here in PA, humidity from early May to late Sept can be problematic, and these paks keep the buds perfectly. Very highly recommended!

Leave a comment:

• kingfish
    replied
    Don't use them. I believe it has to do with the part of the country that you live in. I'm fortunate enough to live in the Northern Rockies. It's considered High Dessert. I have to use a Humidifier during the vegging. Once there cured, they are good. I've had them in quart jars for two years without any lose in punch.

Leave a comment:

• jim kuchar
    replied
    ... yes, they work. great for long term storage.
    on my last two grows, i have used the mainlining approach to pruning. thanks to Nebula for the tutorial.
    out.
    jboy

Leave a comment:

• DirtyNerd
    replied
    Hey guys,

I find their great for long term storage. A proper cure is the best way to go. But we all know that's easier said than done. If you figure all the money we spend on our gear, why not go the extra mile. I keep my paks in a ziplock, had them for a year and a half and they are still supple. I think they should always be on standby.

Peace,

The Nerd

Leave a comment:

• D-TrainCA
    replied
    Thanks for the responses. I think I'll try some experiments with the next batch, maybe one jar with a pak right away, one after 1 week, and the rest after normal 2-3 week cure.

Leave a comment:

• 420n808
    replied
    I use the 62% packs also and have been doing so for about 3+ years. I don't put the packs into the jars until after the first week. During the first week, I open the lids on the jars several times a day for a few minutes and recap them. After the first week, I drop one of the 62% humidity packs into the jars, cap the jars and don't open the jars again until I need to replenish. Packs work back and forth to stabilize the humidity in the jars. I still have some buds in jars that are about 14 months old. I can take one out and although it may have lost some potency, it will not be dry or dried out or anything like that. Still excellento buds and great smell.

Leave a comment:

• Mañ'O'Green
    replied
    D:
    Uhm yes and no. There are upper and lower limits to how much water the pack can give and take. If your bud is dried to the normal stage for curing they will be satisfactory. You still need to "burp" them daily in the beginning because the curing process requires oxygen that gets used up in the process. Boveda has a great page with connecting links that explains how to use them for Cannabis - how forward thinking!

Thank you Bovida.
    Boveda is the standard in proper herbal medicine storage. The same technology that revolutionized cigar storage is now available in the herbal-specific RH (relative humidity) of 62%. Available in multiple sizes to fit your favorite container, Boveda monitors the ambient conditions and adds or removes moisture, as necessary, to maintain the perfect water content of the flower. You’ll immediately notice that ...

Leave a comment:

• D-TrainCA
    started a topic Humidipak for Curing

Humidipak for Curing

I started using the Boveda 62% Humidipaks in my jars last grow, putting them in after curing for storage. Seems to work as advertised in terms of humidity control.

I've read of people putting them in the jars right away so you don't have to attend to the jars. The pack is supposed to soak up all the moisture in the weed until the jar RH is at ~62%. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X