Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Time Trichome Opinions.

I'm ready to harvest, I think.

I'd like to read some opinions on what has gone on with the trichomes.

Halfway through flowering the trichomes were quite clear, but many of the tops seemed amber. I thought, first they turn cloudy, then amber. Along the way I took a close look at the trichomes and thought I saw that maybe they weren't really amber, but mini images, like what you see with an extreme close up of a drop of water. Like a lens.

Now, I just took a look and saw that the trichomes are turning cloudy, and as they do, those amber tops seem to disappear.

So take a look. It seems like I have clear trichomes with amber tops, then milky trichomes without.

I'm thinkin' it's time to harvest this weekend.

Take a look and share your thoughts:

This bud has plenty of milky trichomes. No amber. This has happened over the last 3 days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	G2 Amnesia Trance, Week 16.9 33 (1).jpg
Views:	390
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	371665

These close ups show trichomes that are still fairly clear, but amber tops are common. When I look really close I see these amber and red specks that could be refractions inside the trichome globe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	G2 Amnesia Trance, Week 16.9 33 (3).jpg
Views:	329
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	371666Click image for larger version

Name:	G2 Amnesia Trance, Week 16.9 33 (4).jpg
Views:	322
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	371667Click image for larger version

Name:	G2 Amnesia Trance, Week 16.9 33 (2).jpg
Views:	325
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	371668

Attached Files
    2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Great pics - have a great harvest!
    Best do it before the football game.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

BaccaRacca Funny you bring this up... personally, I think you’re looking good for anytime in the next few days so go for it. But, I ran into a friend from Cannabis College, actually the course that NebulaHaze and SiriusFourside presented last spring. And, we were discussing the seemingly extended time frames from 2-4 weeks and more beyond the “expected” harvest window and what could be causing this.
      1.) is possible that different methods of growing cause a change in the maturity of the plant
      ​​ 2.) do chemical fertilizers speed up the development of the plants cycle
      3.) does growing in organic medium slow the life cycle of plant
      4.). Will lighting difference cause these changes
      is anyone else discovering differences from what might have been expected growth periods for harvest. This tie-dye has looked like this for well over a month. Sugary coating and all

Click image for larger version  Name:	8157DE08-7142-46D1-8E83-354B8418FED3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.85 MB ID:	371686

Comment

• Obi-Wan
        Obi-Wan commented
        Editing a comment
        I can’t speak to chemical vs. organic fertilizers but I can say that my plants seem mature/finish quicker since I started lowering the wattage of my lights in the last 2-3 weeks of
        flower.

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting thought Obi-Wan. This is a 315LEC start to finish but it has happened in the photoboost led group as well and I would say those are higher output. I am going to try a give them a bit more dark time....good idea

I would have cut that plant two days a ago, especially if that's a "middle of the plant" bud.
      Space for Rent.

Comment

I've never seen nor heard of such a condition your trichomes are exhibiting? But I consider myself a relative novice. I'm hoping more advanced growers will chime in on the appearance of your trichomes.

I too, have been somewhat "Perplexed" over the status/stage of my plants regarding when to start flushing. I've ordered, and returned 2 digital microscopes in the past week or two. The first was a cheapy from Wal-Mart, and After I ordered it, I was disappointed to discover that it would take a friggin' Month to get here so I cancelled the order. The second one I bought on Amazon and it arrived the next day. I had a hard time getting it to work, but I finally did (on my Desktop) I then tried to install the software on my wife's laptop (she was asleep in her catnaper) but it didn't have a CD player so I had no way to install the software, so I sent if back,too. I finally reverted back to my archaic Jeweler's Loupe, for now. (I started flushing one of my plant's today - it appeared that the trics were mostly cloudy, looking through the loupe with my old eyes.

Did you take the pictures of your trichomes with a digital camera or a digital microscope? Nice Pics! Good luck with your grow/s!
        3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
        3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
        Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
        2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
        4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
        6" Oscilatting Fan
        GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
        "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X