Plants looking a little depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plants looking a little depressed

Hi I'm 5 weeks into my first grow. Indoors, soil, 400w Metal Halide conversion bulb for vegetative growth, Dark Star from seed. Just yesterday I fed my plants some Fox Farm Grow Big for the first time and they are looking a little depressed. I'm a little concerned that I waited too long to start the nutrients. I've been watering them every other day. Since I started with Grow Big yesterday I was planning to continue watering every other day and alternating between Grow Big water and regular water.

Some of the leaves are droopy and some are curling under. Temp is about 85 degrees and humidity about 55-60 which is roughly what it has been for the last 5 weeks. I had some fans blowing on them but I read that could stress them out so I gave the fans a break yesterday. Anyone have any suggestions. Wondering if I need to be watering every day, more nutes, less nutes? I also have Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom nutrients but I am under the impression that those are for the flower stage. Photos below. Anyone have any suggestions for me to make these plants happy again? Thank you!

You need to get em into larger pots, think 3 gal. fiber, like smart pots. Use lotsa perlite. Get a neut. schd. from fox farm, use half what they recommend. Water less often. Turn the fan back on. Go to GWE growing basics and read some of the tutorials,lotta info there.

Comment

Primo just answered your questions - I have to reiterate - don't water every second day - you'll drown them - watering every day would drown them for sure.

Use fabric pots and let them dry out totally in between feedings - believe it or not but cannabis roots get happier when air is allowed to get to them - they like the oxygen. Happy roots equals big buds.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Are you in soil? Or coco?
        Space for Rent.

Comment

I am in soil. Fox Farm Ocean Forest

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably a little early for liquid nutrients, the plants have a nice dark green color and don't need nitrogen. Most people don't see Nute deficiencies with FF soil till the second week of flower or about eight weeks after planting, they would definitely love bigger pots and if you repot with more FF to a bigger pot it will be even longer till they need liquid nutes.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X