Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Calcium Deficiency week 6 Flowering

Hello everyone!!

First-time post/question here, but GWE has been my go-to source for damn near every grow I have done so far, so about 3 lol!!

So here is my issue, I am in week 6 of flowering Thia Stick from MNSL and I believe I have a Calcium Deficiency which started showing up around the 25th of this month.

I have flushed, re PH'ed, and add nutrients as prescribed by the GWE recirculating nutrient schedule using week 10, but my issue still seems to be getting worse but only on the fan leaves.

with it being late in the grow I'm wondering what I can do to take care of this? Just for past reference this plant also had a case of nitrogen deficiency as well early on in flowering.

Smaller spots on the leave are brown, and a couple of the larger spots look somewhat grey.

Thanks

Cal mag. You will see a change in 3 days. What are you using for nutrients? You also might want to up nitrogen a little bit to get those leaves bigger. Greener. I am currently using a 9-6-4 for veg then 4-14-13 for flower. All soil and a week flush at end of every 4 weeks. Till I get back to 6.2 -6.7 over flow PH test.

Comment

• Beard1181
      Beard1181 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks For the response Jayv, I added Cal Mag when I replaced the nutrients, I'm using General Hydroponics Flora Gro, Micro, and Bloom in Hydro. PH is around 6.5,

Comment

• Beard1181
      Beard1181 commented
      Editing a comment
      They look great!!

Couple of updated pics

Comment

I'd cut those fan leaves at the stem. Prun it up get a good flush using Cal mag. Your light could be affecting this to being to close. Rule of thumb is 18”-24” above.

Comment

• Beard1181
        Beard1181 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lights are plenty far away from the plants, are you saying Cal MAg only for flush?

Thank You

that looks like a progressing nitrogen deficiency now... also i think pH might be off... how are you mixing the nutes + calmag?

GHE says: add CalMag first, then micro, gro and bloom.

pH water to 6.0 before you add anything.
      1 - CalMag
      2 - Micro
      3 - Gro
      4 - Bloom
      check pH and adjust to around 6.1 - 6.2 if needed.

recommended pH would be between 5.7 - 5.9 with a waterchange on a recirculating system.
      pH 6.0 above is a guideline, you can start lower or higher if you know how the pH drifts over time.

how are the roots looking?
      GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
      2x CDMH 315W lights
      870m3/hr fan
      8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

• Beard1181
        Beard1181 commented
        Editing a comment
        I flushed it today for about 30 min, I have been PHing after everything is mixed, roots are good haven't seen too much of an issue there.
        If I PH after adding nutrients, how is this different from starting with already PHed water? I was doing this because of the PH tutorial on GWE.
        After re-reading your comment, I didn't realize there was an order to how you add the nutrients, is there a time between adding nutrients too?
        (as I read my reply I would like you to know I'm genuinely curious.)
        Thank You
        Last edited by Beard1181; 01-29-2020, 07:11 PM.

Got me interested. I've always did a grow with a veg with adding micro and Cal mag. Then flush them when ph went down close to five. I know mixing nuets can cause gelling and high salt levels causing deficiencies. But that's bought it. I have had good grows. Just to much work. Only if it were my full time job, which I would absolutely love having.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X