Your bong story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your bong story

Seeing some recent posts about pipes and bongs, and the odd events that can happen when using them, I thought it would be great to hear what kind of smoking pipes or bongs you’ve enjoyed...or hated. Swallow a cherry...check. Freeze lips to a glass bottle...check.

My dreaded bong was something we called an “aqua-lung”. It involved:
    - a large pop/soda bottle (2 liter) with the bottom cut off
    - large pail of water that is deep enough for the full height of the 2l bottle
    - cap for bottle with a small hole in the middle to hold a joint
    - fat joint

Hitting “the lung” steps:
    - prepare the cap by inserting the lit joint into the hole in the cap. Joint to the outside.
    - submerse the bottle (no cap yet) down into the pail of water so that only the neck of the bottle is still above the water.
    - twist cap onto the bottle and start to slowly lift the bottle up. This creates suction in the bottle and draws smoke from the joint. Filling the bottle. The key part is to NOT lift the bottom of the bottle out of the water.
    - remove the joint and cap
    - exhale deeply then put mouth on bottle and quickly push the bottle down into the water. Be careful not to do it too fast or too quickly, you might rupture a lung. And never let anybody slam a persons head down while they are taking a hit...could be fatal.

The blast of nothing but pure smoke into the lungs is massively cough inducing, but the blast from it is enough to have made me “green-out”. And I was no lightweight at smoking.

Never touched that damn contraption again. 🤣
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

That's a gravity bong, we used to make 'em all the time. I'm pretty sure I can still clear a 3-Liter as long as it's not stale. Grav Labs makes a nice glass one.

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Gravity bongs!!!! I like to've killed myself with one of those way back when!!!
      Btw talk about nostalgia- I went in to get some screens & the local head shop has proto pipes!!!
      But back on topic I used to make bongs out of flower vases I had made in High School ceramics class until I got caught selling one.

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a new name to me. Glad I’m not the only one that has tried it.

I was at a friends place, passing the bong when he decides the water needs changing and turns it up and drinks it down. At this time I am about to puke thinking of what he just did, he could see I was bothered by it. Now think about it, when the weed has a really good taste, it activates the taste buds, and where does that go? Yep right down the bongs throat!

I luv my bongs, and had one that was popular here (CB handle, The Serpent), I would hold it up to the CB mic and take a hit (I ran 2000 watts BTW so the Serpent was world wide). When the Serpent spoke folks (that new me) came running! Bubble bubble bubble the party is on!!! I wish I still had it, but due to a move I had to give it away, it lived for many years then died a tragic death from being dropped,,,

Comment

I cleared my buddy's 4 footer once.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

We put Hershey's choc. syrup around the rim of water bongs for shit's and giggles when we'd go to a party in our teen years. Man we would just laugh till our sides ached watching folks stumble around with rings of choc. around their mouths.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I had a hoss bong that was filled with glycerin so you could freeze it. I had a percolating ash catcher I added to it. This bong was amazing. My buddy came over and tried it out. The first hoot knocked him out. Literally lol. I had to catch him so he didn't split his head. The next time he tried it the same thing happened. He named my bong Mike Tyson and it stuck. One night back when I used to drink I was really getting into a Stevie Nixx song and was air drumming to it. Mike Tyson got knocked the fuck out and shattered the stem. I was so sad. The damn bong cost my almost a thousand bucks. One day I'll have another. R.I.P. Mike lol
          ​​​​​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X