Nutrition coco coir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrition coco coir

Must of been asked a 100 times. I need to ask it again.
    Looking for some info on nutrients.
    I am making the switch from soil. Time to learn proper nutrition. I read about all these part AB . Powder, granular.
    I looking for your input. No manufactures salesperson. No hassle input
    Thank you
    So much to the community

I am using Remo Nutrients in coco/perlte in Autopots with good results but there are many good nutes to use.

This is a great place to answer your questions.
    When growing cannabis in coco coir, you don't necessarily need nutrients made specifically for coco. Just about any quality cannabis nutrients made for hydroponics (and some nutrients made for soil) will work great, especially if you add a Cal-Mag supplement. Learn what to look for!

Comment

General Hydroponics. Flora Nova for vegging and Flora Bloom for flowering. Easier than Fox Farm stuff.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it easier because it’s not 3 part? I use FF trio and I’d love to be able to buy 1 less bottle of it. Also if it’s easier then I’m game!

Totally agree with smoorman general hydroponics is easiest nutrients ive used

Comment

Mega Crop is what I use with great results. If you go to the website you can get a free sample, just have to pay shipping which is a few bucks.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
        IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

i like and recommend botanicare because they use humic acid and its just superior quality nutrients but i cant find them anymore in my country so i just switched to GH like everyone else, i feel like a kid playing with colored water but you can buy them everywhere

Comment

Thank you for all your input.
            On my list is GH, Sensi AB for coco, cana care and mega corp depending the price on mega. Don't need 25 lbs. But smaller packages may be available

Comment

Originally posted by smoorman View Post
              General Hydroponics. Flora Nova for vegging and Flora Bloom for flowering. Easier than Fox Farm stuff.
              I ordered GH Flora Trio but didn't receive Flora Nova. I have Flora Micro, Flora Gro and Flora Bloom. Is "gro" the equivalent?
              A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                flora nova is a re-worked improved version of the flora line that has the micro included into both gro and bloom.never tried it myself

Just ordered mega crop and Bud explosion P/k. Already have Cal/mag GH. Hopefully this is all I need.
              1000g each. 22.42$ great prices. Roughly 200+ gallons

Comment

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck in your grows

Thank you. Waiting on my girls to finish up. Can't wait to make this jump. Learned a lot from growing in soil/peat. Onto the next lesson.

Comment

So I ordered mega crop and bud explosion. Anyone who uses it or has. How many grams per gallon of nutrients. Or roughly a tea spoon per gallon. I know there numbers are based on PPM. Per 10 gallons. Just seeing if anyone kinda found a routine on usage. For Coco coir/ perlite
                Thanks so much.

Comment

• uncledoug
                  uncledoug commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Jayv, I use cal mag water the first week then start nutes on day 8.

Weeks 2&3 Two grams per gal.
                  Weeks 3 & 4 Four grams per gal.
                  Weeks 5&6 Five grams
                  Weeks 7 till flush 6 grams.

This works well but I'm sure others have experimented and have other quantities that work great.

Thank you uncledoug. Thank you so much for giving me a great way to start. Better to weigh it out on my scale than constantly monitoring PPM. Especially seeing my tap water is 7.0 than adding nutrients and leaving my water open brings it down to about 6.1-6.6.

Comment

• uncledoug
                  uncledoug commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your're welcome. I'm kind of a lazy grower I guess, I like simple. I think MC is about as simple as you can get. I used GH Trio in the beginning and it worked fantastic but to much mixing for me.lol If your the tech kind of person we have lots of people to learn from on here, just not me. lol. But I'm always willing to help when I can.
                  Hope you do a journal on the next grow.

I'm kinda the same way. I want big lazy juicy buds. I found the more you get into the science of it. It doesn't matter. Were all growing the same thing. I like it fairly easy. I did hydro successfully in 5 gallon buckets and an aquarium air stones and air pump. After 3 grows I stopped. It's a job not a hobby. I went to soil. Which I know a good deal amount. I've always gardened vegs/flowers with almost 100% success rate. Restoring the nutrients in the soil every spring. The right light and so on. I brought that to growing monster cannabis plants outdoors. Some up to 8 feet. Getting 1lb a plant. Stunk the neighborhood up on humid nights. So moved in doors. Been good. Really good. I just looking for that something to put me over the top. I do believe going to coco is going to drastically up my game.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love it Jayv I also stick up our area but so do lots of others. How I love the smell I really do, and humid nights right now sound pretty gooooood. Rather chilly here and raining. I love growing gardens and weed.

Here are some girls from last summer. There at about 6’ going into flower. 2 skywalkers and peyote.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X