Question 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question 2

Hey guys, here’s my other current question; I successfully germinated my seedling (sweet & savory) and planted it into a small paper cup just waiting for it to sprout. This was my first time germinating than just planting in the medium so idk what to expect in terms of how long to wait till it sprouts, when and how much to water it, and would adding a light prior to it sprouting help it’s process? Thanks

I may be doing mine wrong but I do it twice daily. One in the morning and twice at night. (But very little from a mist bottle.) Stems need oxygen to grow as well as water but too much can drown them. I say focus around the stem with a little water 2 times a day. But always check and feel the soil. If it feels dry give it a little. If it still feels moist from previous watering skip 1 round and try again later. I have a fan that dries out the top layer of soil before anything else so go about an inch into the soil. I'm learning this is an art and it varies under different conditions. Hope this helps. P.s. mine are doing pretty good. Wich is why I feel confident in my reply. Best of luck and happy grow!

Comment

Just keep it moist & warm. How often depends on how warm, dry or breezy the climate is & how quickly the medium dries.

Comment

I've always germinated in root friendly soil like happy frog.
        the less you fuck with them the better. Keep them warm and moist, don't drown them. If your pic is the small paper cup your sprouting in , you should have filled cup with medium for easier root growth and transplanting.
        good luck!

Comment

Ok, thank you for your responses I am using happy frog with pH’ed water but I will transplant to a more full cup when appropriate to do so. Perhaps very soon. Thinking it will be very easy to cut the paper cup open like a mold to transplant to a more full cup before the 1 gal. Pot. The seedling is starting to curl out and upward after a couple days which so far looks good me! Thanks again.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X