X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't order seeds first of the year.Customs quota

Customs Interception notice.

Don't order seeds first of the year.Customs quota

Has anyone else had problems with Customs getting their seeds The first of the year? or holidays?

Last year my seeds were coming pretty regular. I ordered some right after Christmas expecting them the first of the year, only to receive an empty package with a customs interception notice. I guess I forgot about that when I did the same thing this year with the same results. is it just a coincidence? Could they be a little tougher at the beginning of the year?

That's the only 2 times customs got my seeds, I think. Four or five years ago an order from Amsterdam never come, I don't recall receiving anything from customs. could have thrown it away accidentally.Took a while but AMS finally made good by replacing my seeds.

Last year Seed Supreme Would not replace My $150 order of seeds That were intercepted by customs. Practically called me a liar when I sent an honest negative review. They offered a credit. Roughly 15% off next $100 + order.Lost my business.

PevGrow Replaced them promptly. I just received my replacement seeds, still less than 30 days from Placing the Original order.

They were free seeds this year. I earned $100 credit from PevGrow for Posting a grow using their seeds on Grow Diaries. It was an interesting, learning experience. I have tried to document my grows before, Then thinking I'll remember that, I'll write it down tomorrow, you Can guess the rest . This is the first time I've followed through, start to finish trying to measure and document as much as possible. Updating & Sending at least one picture weekly.

Happy growing I Luv GWE!
    Perpetual Harvests
    Set up: 6 x 6 Grow room https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...lies/smile.png [ Home made],2-spyder farmer,3 best VA. 12/12 Flowering...4X4 tent,18hours light for Autos and starting photos in veg. 2 mars hydro.
    Bonsai clones & feminized Started to move outdoors in season.
    2 Exhaust fans -- 3 Circulate intake fans. as needed, all wide open currently. Potting soil Mixed with homemade organic, perlite, peat moss, Worm castings.

“On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).

Thanks for the information! The more we share our experiences, the better judgements we can make. I was SWEATING my first order of seeds, on several levels. Fortunately, Seedman was patient with me and they arrived. I ordered December 9th 2019 and they arrived January 9, 2020. I used a USPS money order though. I haven't germinted any yet.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I ordered seeds from AMS about a week before Christmas and received them three weeks later. No issues here.
      2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
      2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
      2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
      2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

Customs has your address FarmerJoe
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Sheeesh what a drag if it were the case Canuck147 time for a new addy?
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I had something seized by customs a few years ago and they sent a really threatening letter. Do they still do that?

Comment

Yikes.... this has me feeling very nervous... I placed an order with Seedsman last week... I hope I receive my order... I think I’m going to stop ordering overseas for a while...

Comment

I looked at seedsman and others, but thee few stories of not getting or your seed being delayed, I ordered again inside the USA. Got the seeds 2 days early (Saturday), I dropped 6 they have popped and are now planted. 100% germination so far 18 more to go.
                I guess I'll stay home for a while yet, the laws will soon change in our favor.

Comment

I hope so Rwise.... I live in a state where medical marijuana is legal (it’s very expensive) but recreational is not. It’s maddening, these ridiculous laws.

Comment

Seedsman just came through for me again, ordered 1/6 delivered 1/23. Here they are with some of the other seeds I've received from them.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200127_171401.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	370508

Comment

Yay!! That’s great FBL!! That gives me hope. I only have ordered from Nirvana and Seedsman and am happy with both places... I just hope that customs won’t interfere.

Comment

I am a bit surprised as to how many places are out of stock! That's one hell of a lot of seed sold!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X