Supply List Needed For a 5x5 Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Supply List Needed For a 5x5 Tent

Supply List Needed For a 5x5 Tent. I know I need Fan & Filter, Light, pH Reader, Humidity/Temp reader, Pots, Few Clip Fans, Fertilizer. would love if someone could make me a list for a start up like which brand to use for them items . Mainly need help with what light I should get would prefer LED.Not sure what light is needed for a 5x5 Gonna use a 4x4 flood mat in the tent. I got a humidifier and dehumidifier but not sure if there is components that go with them to make it more self running. And I got the Tent already and a 2ft tower heater also have a small ac. Besides that i got $800-$1000 to invest. Any advice would be awesome TY

I’ve grown outdoors for a few years but just set up my 1st indoor tent. I got the gorilla tent bc I’ll be in and out of there every day or 2 and I want it to last. The gorilla tents are pretty solid and I’m happy with mine. I got 2 sets of the Gorilla high cfm pole kits and it makes it a lot more sturdy and the side don’t suck in as much.

I got my vent system from here and all the components seem good quality but I’m just starting out so we’ll see about longevity. They were good guys to deal with and they have some great grow tent setup videos on YouTube under PA Hydroponics. The fan is pretty quiet on low speed but not silent. The included fan speed controller works great and has a long cord. The filter is pretty light compared to some. I got 2 different brands of 6” flex duct and they both pass a small amount of light. My duct runs are so short I’m just going to wrap them in aluminum tape. 350cfm seems like plenty for my 4x4 but don’t know if you might need more for the 5x5.

This kit includes: 1 - 6" Hydrofarm Jetfan with digital speed controller 1 - 6x16" Vortex Pro-Lite Carbon filter 25 Feet of Ideal Air Supreme ducting ( you can cut to size ) 3 - metal duct clamps 4 - 6" zip ties for fan mounting

I got the Vivosun 6” oscillating pole fans off amazon for $55 for two. There are some bad reviews about them breaking so I bought the 4 year extended warranty. I think some of the failures are from the osc gears breaking but I’m controlling them from a timer so I don’t have to mess with the fan heads most of the time. I tried 2 other brands and they didn’t clip on to the poles tightly enough. The Vivosun fans are made for tent poles and clip securely. I just hope they last.
    Here’s the timer I’m using for the fans. it’s easy to program. BN Link FD60-U6 7 day programmable two outlet timer.

I found some good nursery pots and 16” saucers on amazon. Can give links if you want.

I use Fox Farms nutrient trio and have been having good success with them Over several outdoor grows. General Hydroponics makes good pH up/down.

I use the HM Digital HMDPHM80 pH meter. It’s works great so far and was only $30. My understanding is that you have to take really good care of pH meters if you want them to last.

I use the ThermoPro TP63A waterproof wireless temp/hygrometer. It has a base and can have up to 3 remote sensors.

With lights, you could spend weeks combing through the specs. It was pretty overwhelming for me. You may have to go with 2 smaller lights to cover that area. I ended up with the Viparspectra TC1350. It has variable spectrum control and a built in timer. So far my plants are thriving under it. It will do 5x5 for veg but will only cover 4x4 for flowering. I tried to replace it with a HLG 550 V2 R Spec but I wasn’t happy with the quality of the light so I sent it back. Led Grow Lights Depot gave me no hassle about the return and paid return shipping.

Bought the mars Hydro Led grow light glasses but sent them back as I don’t think they’re really necessary unless you’re in there staring at the light.

Hope this helps

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I use the same pH meter, keep it soaking in Ph7 solution, and it is lasting a good long time.

I think you could use something like this to switch your heater/ac/dehumidifier on/off automatically.

INKBIRD is a smart IoT technology company and its business was established in 2010. As a high-tech company, INKBIRD has been devoting itself to offering its worldwide users excellent smart home living products, since the date it was established.

Comment

Much appricated! I'll try out the Platinum Skittles too.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Post some pics when you get set up.

One more question if you dont mind. What is your average yield on 4 plants under this grow setup?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        This is my first indoor crop so I don’t know yet. My target is 1lb with 4 plants. We’ll see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	522DF462-42F5-4C68-8E2D-2D3947191B79.jpeg
Views:	781
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	370214Click image for larger version

Name:	5F91C3EB-53EE-4882-B6CF-FD774E6D828A.jpeg
Views:	829
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	370213Click image for larger version

Name:	DD02D9A5-C065-4558-A4FE-FD0D8DCAD783.jpeg
Views:	839
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	370215Click image for larger version

Name:	45EC00E6-68A1-40FE-A55F-577718165C18.jpeg
Views:	817
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	370212 Here’re some pics of my setup. The first one shows the high cfm poles. If you have questions ask away.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Setup looks awesome!

alltatup is keeping the meter in pH 7 better than storage solution? Do you keep it in the storage cap?

Comment

Guest Quite a while ago, I read that it was ok to store in ph 7. Recently, I read this: https://www.coleparmer.com/tech-arti...electrode-care

It's been working fine for a couple of years.

All these liquids are expensive!! I test two reservoirs daily, so I put the meter in fresh solution daily. I sent you the link to where I get it by the gallon. Too expensive on Amazon.

I store my meter in a 50ml beaker standing inside a heavy pyrex 1 cup glass measuring cup https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can see the meter on the left side of the top shelf of the cart in this pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	wheeled cart.JPG
Views:	706
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	370463
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

alltatup thanks! That’s great info and I didn’t know that. I didn’t see your link for the buffer.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X