worm casings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL worm casings

Have you used these? If so, can you please tell me how to apply it to the soil. Do I sprinkle them on top or do I mix them into the top layer. Do they work? tia!!

I put earthworms in my pots for fresh, it is good stuff, I have top dressings and liquids,

Comment

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      I put 4 earth worms per pot in my first soil grow, always have fresh castings and they do a nice job aerating the soil as well. They didnt seem to like the final flushes with water and Molasses for some reason..

Hey CatMomma I've used it before a friend raised nightcrawlers gave me a 5gal bucket of it all churned up and black super rich lovely stuff. I placed my normal soil mix I make 1/2 way in my pots then topped off with the worm casings. I mixed it up with my other half of soil in my pot. Lots more perilite mixed too or vermiculite I use both. Really great in my outdoor planters. I can't wait to flip my compost later in spring.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

That’s good to know, Rwise! I bought a small bag of it from Amazon and now I’m off to sprinkle this nasty but beneficial stuff on my plants.

Comment

Earthworms are the best. I always use them outdoors and plan to use them indoors when I go organic inside. They're like tiny, little expert gardeners who are working for you 24/7 and never screw up, they only do good work. Mix the castings in your soil or make a tea.

Comment

Thanks, FBL! Whenever I garden outside I always make sure to gently move the earthworms closer to the plants. I’m curious as to how these castings will effect my cannabis..

Comment

CatMomma for any number of reasons I don’t see if you've posted an image of what your talking about but others seem to know it’s either a.) earthworms or b.) wormcastings

if it’s wormcastings, here’s a great method.... take a piece of cloth like cotton, muslin or even a t-shirt. Place 2 cups of the castings into the fabric and tie the bag closed like a tea bag. Place that into a 5 gallon bucket of water and use an air stone and pump to agitate and aerate the mix for 24 hours then use this “tea” to water the plants. Top dressings work very well but the tea provides instant access to the good stuff

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Shit! Maybe I should have read the TITLE?

Hi, Farmall... I have copied your tea recipe! Thank you!

Comment

Thanks, SoOrbudgal! I added some to the plants last night. This is all so interesting and fun... I can see how easy it is to get a little obsessed... I keep checking on my plants and I think they are getting tired of me peering at them!

Comment

Originally posted by CatMomma View Post
                Thanks, SoOrbudgal! I added some to the plants last night. This is all so interesting and fun... I can see how easy it is to get a little obsessed... I keep checking on my plants and I think they are getting tired of me peering at them!
                I don't think the plants mind. I'm checking on mine every day now, the trichomes especially on my Pineapple Kush to see if it's ready to Flush. Sometimes b4 I would skip a day After watering because I knew they were good. Good luck with your grow!
                3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
                3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
                Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
                2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
                4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
                6" Oscilatting Fan
                GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
                "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

I usually mix castings into my soil about a 1 to 20 ratio of castings to soil. If I had an outdoor space for a compost bin I would be using it more regularly for sure! It is hard to keep the compost bin indoors for me due to space limitations and low air flow. I think it is a great benefit for our babies to use them.

Comment

Worm castings are great for your plants, you ain't got to worry about using to much,
                    Farmall has got it right, make teas out of it, to water your plants with.
                    HappyGrowing
                    Ps, we like RedWigglers better than Earthworms, they are much easier to keep alive, but they both work fine.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks all so much for your input!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X