Total novice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Total novice

Hey Guys,my first seed just sprouted.i have a Mars ts1000,mars 2.2x2.2x5ft tent.Bio bizz light,bio bizz bloom and grow.6 inch fan and 4inch extractor fan and filter.Should all these fans be going 24/7 already?
    Im growing 1 RQS Royal Gorilla auto,at the minute only the light is on 18/6.temps and rh in tent have been grand so far,Light is 60 cm from plant at the minute
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

I would run the lights 24/0, and the fans to keep her cool/moving

Comment

Morning irish420 welcome to the grow forum. Some like to run their autos lights on 24hrs., but it's fine and proven that running 18-6 works well. Someday if you choose to experiment running autos at different on off times as you become more confident in growing go for it. But this is your first run and i'd stick with the plan that's working. Just watch for heat and light changing plants leaf.
      I would suggest looking at tutorials in GWE tutorials look at pictures of healthy and problem leaf. If you find curl or crispy could be heat and fans. Good luck irish420 you got a good start were here to help.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• irish420
        irish420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheers for that,i was thinking of changing it to 20/4 as that what breeder said.Will read QWE again for more info

If my tent is open the exhaust fan is off. If it gets closed up the exhaust fan goes on and stays on (lowest setting). Since you're growing an autoflower, if you want to save a bit on electricity you can open the tent up and not use the exhaust fan (if that's reasonable for you, IDK your situation). For 1 sprouting seedling you really don't need much air exchange and movement for a while though honestly. Once it has put on several leaves and has some roots, it will be beneficial to give it a bit of a breeze to help reduce chances of mold, mildew, bugs and strengthen the plant.

Comment

hello irish420,

from the way you've got it setup, you'll be grand like.
        extractor fan does have to be on all the time.

my last white widow auto's i also ran an air movement fan all the time

Mars says (https://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-ts-1...led-grow-light) :
        3.Recommended Hanging Distance Above Plants
        Seedling: 24'' Germination: 24''-30'' Veg: 18''-24'' Flower: 12''-18''

RQS could have recommended light times on their site for that strain.

good growing!

cheers
        GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
        2x CDMH 315W lights
        870m3/hr fan
        8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

Thanks folks.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X