Is this calcium deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this calcium deficiency?

The plant diagnosing tool on this site is very thourough, and the pictures shown under calcium deficiency most match what a few of the leaves are starting to look like.

I’m doing a grow with fox farm and a small amount of Kind soil, and went without nutrients as it was confusing st the time, so I’ve only given her water and no large amounts of discoloration appeared until now (she’s close to flowering, I can see her pistils). As far as nutrients go, I have dynagrow that’s used for foliar feeding, and I believe it has calcium in it. Will that help? What else would you recommend (especially home remedies like Epsom salt and eggshells, which I think I read someone else doing for a nutrient problem).

Thanks again!
    Attached Files

I can't speak much to liquid nutes, but you could put some lime on there, or bone meal for calcium. Epsom is magnesium and sulfur. Dolomite lime will handle both I think.
    C a and mg should be added together, why people use that calmag stuff.

Comment

• Stahlherz420
      Stahlherz420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I'll just buy the lime, it's not as expensive as other products I've seen. Tums is a good idea and I have some, but it seems like it would have other chemicals in it, like colors or flavors, that could pose a risk. So I'll just get lime and mix it into the soil, or should I mix it into water?

• jimicloudstuff
      jimicloudstuff commented
      Editing a comment
      It'll work either way. I tell myself watering it in is faster but there's no science to that.

• Stahlherz420
      Stahlherz420 commented
      Editing a comment
      How many tablespoons of Epsoma Garden Lime should I put in her soil? I put 2 so far into her 5 gallon pot. The spots seem to be slowing down but I don’t know if it’s enough.

The micoloration looks to me like it may be a iron deficiency as well.

Comment

Edit: it got worse. This is one of the topmost leaves, not too close to my light but up there. It’s happening in gradual amounts to my mid leaves too. A few of The bottom leaves that are at the way bottom underneath my plant are yellow and dying too, but I figured it’s natural, kind of like hair loss in old people. Im going to try foliar feeding with a very, very small amount of dynagrow mixed in water. I believe it has a little bit of everything in addition to Nitrogen, Potassium, and Phosphorus (the big three, NPK?). I got a few recommendations for it on another site where 3 people agreed dynagrow was good for soil (they did argue about foliar feeding for a few pages though).
      Attached Files

Comment

This was the only thing at Lowe’s so it’s what I bought, has a lot of calcium and magnesium in it. I’m going to spread a tablespoon of it on top of my dirt and pray. Thanks guys!
        Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X