Trimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trimming

Clean the shrubbery? Let it grow out? 7 weeks old, fox farm neuts, first grow! Thanks!

I'd probably thin it out a bit. I can't really see much of what's going on in there due to the lights though. The plant looks really good, some of those leaves look like Shaq hands.

Comment

• quirk
      quirk commented
      Editing a comment
      You know what they say about big leaves - big buds

FunkyButtLovin where should I trim up to? Any recommendation? I know not to take more than 50% foliage at a time

Comment

It's all personal preference and I can't see it nearly as well as you can but I would get rid of really low hanging leaves on or near the soil to allow better airflow and to make watering easier and a couple near the top that are shadowing branches below. Don't get too crazy, 8-10 leaves total removed from that plant in the right places would do it a lot of good and not hurt it at all, you will probably see very vigorous growth in the next couple of days if you let some light down into the center where the young branches are trying to grow up through that jungle.

Comment

FunkyButtLovin Better? Or more? Removed about 8 lower fan leaves thank you for your time

Comment

It looks better for sure and I think you can leave it be for now. Are you planning on doing any topping or training or are you wanting to just let it grow naturally? How much longer until you want to flower?

Comment

FunkyButtLovin To be honest. I’m a little scared to top them. First time and all. They will also be moving into a bigger growing space so they’ll have tons of room to expand, probably another month till flower or so.

Comment

That's understandable and there's nothing wrong with letting it grow out naturally. Maybe next time when you're more comfortable you could try topping and LST to increase your yields.

Comment

Something about your pics brings back memories of my mushroom days...weird trippy.

Defol doesn’t have to be all done at once. Take a handful of leaves one day, then again in 4 days if the plant doesn’t show signs of stress.

And start with a plan of what meets the criteria to be removed. For example, only take leaves of a certain size and set limits. Also try to rotate the plant frequently when trimming so you don’t get tunnel vision. It’s easy to get carried away and say to yourself “I’ll just trim that one and that one and that one...until your plant is almost naked 🤣
                There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Really hard to see detail through all the purple. You'll want to clear out leaves that might be shading bud sites, increase air flow. I'd still top/fim it if you have the space for multiple tops.
                  Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Gluteous i did end up topping both plants, we will see how it goes and I’ll post some updated pics! Hopefully it’ll be worth it in the end. These pics are from today 01/24

Comment

Looks great C420grow. Good job on topping it, the great part is that it should help to increase your yield. Do what your comfortable with but I'd say you could take more of the big leaves out.
                      Here is an example of a bruce banner clone that me and my wife are experimenting with topped for 10 sites. As u can see it had a nasty fight with the lawn mower lol
                      Attached Files
                      3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
                      1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
                      1000w Tolys led (burple)
                      Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
                      Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
                      No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Comment

Gluteous 3 days after topping. My larger plant looks “sad” smaller one took good to topping. Any suggestions for my big guy?

Comment

GluteousMrMagicFunkyButtLovin 02/04 Update after topping for anyone who wanted to see. Thanks for the help. Glad I topped it

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X