Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

white widow auto is tiny!!! but already flowering at 5 weeks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white widow auto is tiny!!! but already flowering at 5 weeks?

Looking for some advice.
    I am currently growing White widow Autoflower. I am using FoxFarm Ocean for soil. I am using ViparSpectra R900 900W LED at 18 inches. Temp is 79F and humidity is around 60%.
    Germination went without a hitch, replanted at 2 weeks from Solo cup to 5 gallon fabric pot. Water is PH'd to 6.5. Everything seems to be going well but I am growing one Northern Lights and one OG Kush at the same time using the exact same conditions and size wise the White widow is only half the size of the other 2 strains.
    Aside from it being dwarfed by the other 2, at 5 weeks it is already flowering but the plant itself is only about 13 inches tall! Why is it so damn tiny? It appears healthy otherwise.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Please take this with a grain of salt. I have no actual growing experience. From what I've read, the "Stretch" occurs during the flowering phase. So, you might just start to notice growth soon. I'd love to see a photo, if you're willing to share. Good luck!
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• dilvish
      dilvish commented
      Editing a comment
      If you have no experience then what good is your input are you a troll?? No offense but you insult the intelligence of everyone who does grow by offering advice that most likely has already been read or seen on the internet. Growers typically come to these forums to seek advice from fellow growers not someone offering an opinion based on what they read somewhere. P.S. I know what stretch is

• OlderNOTwiser
      OlderNOTwiser commented
      Editing a comment
      dilvish Probably gonna get banned for life but you, sir, and I use it very loosely, are a total ass and should apologize to everyone on this forum. The person you attacked has been here a while, soaking up information to prepare for their grow. Regulars know this. If you're so effing smart why did you bother to ask anything at all? They don't know your back story or experience growing so why didn't you just take the grain of salt that was offered and move along?

My WW auto only got 18" tall flowering at 3 weeks, thats all it was said to do , the Himalaya Blue Diesel got 48" tall flowering at 3 weeks just as it was said to do. The short comes from the Ruderalis side of the family,,,

Comment

• dilvish
      dilvish commented
      Editing a comment
      I have read that they produce low yields indoors but wow...if I'd known the plant was going to be so small I would have grown them all at once and been done with them ( I have 8 more seeds!)

Being short is definitely a trait of autos - in my experience, autos that are not topped, usually grow shorter. LST or other training can make them pout like forever and stay short.
    They also don't like to be transplanted - they get their roots set in their home and then work on shooting up pistils. By transplanting one upsets the auto cuz now she has to fill out a new home with more roots when all she wants to do is work on her pre-flowers.

And we are not trolls - everyone that has input to this forum are generally inexperienced growers looking for assistance in one way or more.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I've grown 2 White Widow auto's by Nirvana seeds. finished about 45 inches tall. Lots of airy popcorn buds. The 2nd one I thinned out a lot and got better buds. Really nice smoke and pretty good yield . I grow in hydro so your experience may differ. Good growing to you !! Put a little love in it, that'll work.
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

And there's a good point too, the breeder can make all the difference! And there are many different "WW" autos!, or even WWs. A person near me got a WW, but it turned out to be WW CBD, it was pretty, he made compost!

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
          Being short is definitely a trait of autos - in my experience, autos that are not topped, usually grow shorter. LST or other training can make them pout like forever and stay short.
          They also don't like to be transplanted - they get their roots set in their home and then work on shooting up pistils. By transplanting one upsets the auto cuz now she has to fill out a new home with more roots when all she wants to do is work on her pre-flowers.

And we are not trolls - everyone that has input to this forum are generally inexperienced growers looking for assistance in one way or more.
          Thanks OlderNOTwiser and @Canuk147. Well said and I hope nobody gets banned, including the OP. I will be starting autos and the "transplanting" stuck with me. Perhaps I will just start with paper towel germination and then directly into my 5 gallon smart pots.

The link that yycannabis provided, the USU light discussion, indicates that they will thrive with my 315W LEC.

I won't mind short/small. Especially for my first grow.
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Plants and animals do their own weird natural thing. Your plant could just be a runt, or it could be environmental, or it could be from transplanting. The other 8 seeds you have might be monsters or midgets, or somewhere in between.

One plant doesn’t represent what all plants will do. 😉

If your next grow of that strain grows “normal” then you can just excuse the first one as an anomaly.
            There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
            1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
            2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
            3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

In my limited experience with auto's, and in my case ILGM seeds, I grew (Same seeds) one outside (Short and low production) and one inside (Freaking tumble weed). So at this time I'm not sure what a normal "Auto" grow is.
              Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
              A tale of two seeds
              Batter Up Sour Deisel
              Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
              New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
              Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Just very disappointed in the size. At 8 weeks it is probably 1/3 the size of the OG Kush and Northern lights (both Auto as well) that I have in the same grow, yet it was given the same light, water and nutes as the other two. At this rate it will easily be ready for harvest well before the others but likely less than an ounce!!!
                I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
                  RagWeedDWC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My brides outdoor JH was less than an ounce (Granted it was just thrown in her garden and told to suck it up), my indoor was over a pound. I like autos, just not completely sold on them yet

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I feel your pain auto strains really are challenging for some when your use to growing photos. Knowing that they are mini versions of photo. I've grown them outdoors and in and continue to experiment with them never thinking i'm getting as much as I would with a photo plant. I've grown several different strains different breeders nothing yet has given me more than a ounce. But i'm keeping up on learning what not to do during veg growth period. Toss it up on learning, we all get crappy grows keep going and don't let this one stupid dwarf plant get to you. Shit I had a auto start to flower in 3wks shit happens.

Not all strains are the same. Yours might be in the “small yield: high quality” group of strains.
                👍
                There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I grew a couple of AK-27 auto's by Phoenix Seeds. The first one was about 21 inches tall at finish. It was my 1st auto I didn't cut anything off I just let it grow. After I cut all the limbs off the stalk looked sort of like a little pine tree. It had limbs about a half inches apart all the way up. After that I cut off a lot of branches on the next Ak. The White Widows were better but still pretty closely space branches, they got fairly tall. I think you might just have got a weak seed. I've grown some seeds of the same seed pack that grew very differently even though conditions were unchanged. Have a great grow !!
                  Focus and relativity.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
                    RagWeedDWC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is exactly what I am finding out, this is my first year growing autos, and every seed has been different. Or not at all what I thought auto's were suppose to be. I think I will grow them again when I start back next season. Simply because I can use both sides of my grow box for veg and flower.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X