Putting young plants under LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting young plants under LED

Hi- I’m wondering if anyone has experience with this and could give me some advice. I grew a few plants from seed and just did my first topping. They were under CFLs in their original solo cups until yesterday when I potted them and moved to my tent. It’s my first time doing a photo period plant in the tent with my new LED. It’s a Viparspectra PAR700 and the mfg says the acclimation period is 10 hours on and 14 off. My question is, won’t leaving these in 14 hours of darkness force flowering?

Yep
    Give them light 18+ hours a day.

Comment

Normally, yeah. I get that, what’s confusing me here is the acclimation period.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        That's crazy!! Goes against everything we've learned on GWE.

Mfg instructions look like they are probably speaking in general botany terms and not specific to cannabis.

There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Is your light dimmable? If so I would dim it and if not raise higher until plant is hardened(acclimated).

Comment

I like to acclimate my seedlings and clones with 24/7 light from a 600w Metal Halide.

Comment

One day- maybe 3 on that schedule shouldn't start flowering. But that's a new one on me. Most folk acclimate by keeping the new light dimmed a little or raised......

Comment

Don’t take the chance. Start with at least 18 on and raise your light some for the 1st 2-3 days. I did that on recommendations from here with my Viparspectra TC1350 and it worked great. Definitely don’t do less than 18 on to start. I have my young veg plants at the mfg recommend distance and they’re doing great. Going to drop it a few inches more in a few days and watch for light stress.

Comment

Also I would follow the mfg specs for dimmer settings especially during the switchover.

Comment

Thanks all. Yeah, it didn’t feel right to me either. I bumped up the time to 16 hours per day and the distance from the lights was already at the max and the power knobs are all set to as low as possible. I’ll let it ride like that a few days and slowly move them higher.

just wanted to make sure I wasn’t crazy. Thanks for the help.

Comment

And I've moved them to the outside of light not under when I first put them in tent. If the look fine after couple days move to center of light. But I've always used 18/6 under LED for both photos and autos. Good luck
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X