Note on Botanicare Sweet Supplement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note on Botanicare Sweet Supplement

I have been adding the Botanicare Sweet/Berry supplement to my Miracle-Grow Vegetables & Herbs (not the regular stuff, this has more natural ingredients)/ Miracle Gro/Bloom Booster mix for the past 10 days. Prior to using this supplement I would get a big rush of grape aroma after watering. Really big, filled up the house.

Once I began using the Botanicare supplement I noticed a distinct drop in the aroma, and a bit of a more earthy smell. The grape was there, but not as intense.

Yesterday, by mistake I mixed up a bit of a too-hot mixture of the Miracle-Gro bloom booster. Not too hot to use, but too hot for the supplement, which adds about 200 ppm on my EC meter. I didn't have any of my stabilized tap water available, so I used this mix straight, without the supplement, without any of the base Vegetables & Herbs stuff.

And the grape came back like gangbusters.

I've been using the Berry flavored, instead of the Grape because my local supplier was out of Grape.

So I wonder ...

Is the Berry fighting the Grape that is natural in my Amnesia Trance strain? I could locate some Grape and see, but I'm close to flush so that might be down the road.

Or, is the the supplement fighting with the natural ingredients (soy hydrolysate, in particular) present in my base nutrient mix?

Anybody use this stuff? Opinions?
    2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

I'm using the grape for the first time this grow. Can't say I notice a grape smell though. Kinda smells like cough syrup to me. I'm really excited to see how it tastes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X