Well water & g.h flora micro hard water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well water & g.h flora micro hard water

Has anybody used General hydroponics flora micro hard water? I’m using well water that is hard water. I noticed other Growers seem to grow faster and more successfully. I am investing into a ppm meter and I’m doing everything I can to counter the well water situation. I may even go ro water. Right now I’m using the trio with Cal mag with coir and it’s been going pretty well though every once in a while I have nutrient problems which I think it’s from using my well water. I’m just looking for some help anybody that has experience with this any information you have would be greatly appreciated. Also if anybody has any info on the Micro hard water Please let me

I'm sorry Puffnduff I wish I could say I've used but I have not. I also have well water but don't have issue we had it tested again last year and it's fine for household use. But I will fill my jugs and leave them sit for days at a time when I water indoor plants, I do have high calcium but it does not seem to hinder growth. I like GH flora grow and bloom products used them in the past good results no complaints from me. My store was out of both when I needed it so I purchased another product.

Could you tell me the soil medium your using please and size of pot? When I first start my seedling I have bottled spring water (kept on hand for outages in winter) I will water with that till they are 2-3wks old then it's just well water. I wish I could of helped with flora micro hard water question. Good luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Coir only in 3 gallon fabric pots. Sometimes 5 gallon pots.

I have made a feed schedule to fill out every feed. So I don’t loose track of anything (nebula haze schedule)

replaced house water filter and uv bulb

bought better genetics (seedsman) white widow og & gelat.og

With these changes things are looking good. I hope this continues. I’m buying all new ppm ph meter and may buy the Hard water version of micro

Comment

You might consider collecting rain water if that is at all possible. A good ole rain barrel. Is there a municipal water supply in your vicinity? I have heard of General Hydroponics hardwater Flora Series, but have never used it. https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydro...9571291&sr=8-8

Comment

I live in the mountains of PA unfortunately there is no city water available. I may be able to do rainwater when I shift everything to my greenhouse in may

Comment

Has the water been tested? If not that is where I would start, then you know exactly what and how much cleaning needs done to the water.
            Got snow? melt it. Near by stream, pond,,,

Comment

I have hard water drawn off Lake Michigan, which sits on a virtual slab of cal mag. With your hard water it is unlikely that you need the Cal-Mag supplement.

As for ph adjustment, I use an approximate 70% perlite/30% peat moss mix. The peat moss acts to buffer the alkalinity of the hard water. The mix is intentionally rough, allowing the roots to seek out optimum ph within the pot for feeding. My base nute is Miracle-Gro Vegetables & Herbs. Do not confuse this with regular Miracle-Gro. The Vegetable & Herbs version contains some naturally derived fertilizers that I find are much superior than regular Miracle-Gro.

It's simple, the perlite makes the containers easy to move and the soil mix easy to flush.

2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
              2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
              2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
              2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X