Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My plant looks too weak... what could be wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! My plant looks too weak... what could be wrong?

Hi, I bought a plant of Swazi Gold in November. I cut everything off at the stem, replanted it in a bigger pot, and hope it will grow back, but this is how far it has grown in 2 months. It looks too weak and pale.

I am in Durban and keep it outside. No special soil and I have not used any fertilizer yet.

Any tips?

Originally posted by lembit View Post
    No special soil and I have not used any fertilizer yet.
    There's your problem. Plants need nutes and good soil. Lots of info on the site that can help i recommend doing some reading and trying again. https://www.growweedeasy.com/

Comment

I dont take anything off when transplanting,,,cept the pot.
      Do feed her!

Comment

Agreed- Both times!!! I think of leaves as solar panels, gathering light to convert to energy. Growth energy. I never cut a leaf that dont need cutting. & if your soil doesn't feed her properly you'll have to do it. (And maybe try a different soil nxt time)

Comment

But don't give up on her!! Here are some before n after shots of some Mango I ph & nute burned awhile back. They are all 3 now doing great & been cloned many times themselves I'm told & ready to be flowered off. 😎

Comment

Thanks. I have been way to hard to my plant I guess. I gave it some fertilizer yesterday and cut all the dead stuff off. Let's hope it grows back. There is for sure some green coming back slowly!

Comment

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              Good. New growth is a good thing Haha. Just be patient & give er time to recover before you expect too much out of er.

lembit, please clarify if the main stem has been removed and the plant consists of three side branches.

Comment

Hi quirk, yes I cut of the main stem and there are a number of side branches growing out. Is that a bad thing?

Comment

I would hide the scissors now & let her grow.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X