CO2 in Grow Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CO2 in Grow Room

Growing inside. Grow room is not sealed. Open room everyday and circulate fresh air all day. Constant temp here year round.HOT. 85+ all year. My grows have been very successful but am looking to upgrade. I have been reading about CO2. With higher CO2 levels the plants are able to withstand heat better so ive read.Thinking outside of the box compost is a CO2 generator. Has anyone used compost in the grow room. Im thinking a 5 gallon bucket. All input is appreciated. What about other systems that have been used by others? Please keep in mind money is an issue here.
    Thanks

I have used yeast in the past - like your starting bread - yeast, warm water and something sweet to bloom the yeast - lasts about a week.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      I used bakers yeast and sugar water in a large “Texas micky” bottle when I was into fish keeping. Problem I ran into was the nasty smell that equaled warm skunky beer.

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
    I have used yeast in the past - like your starting bread - yeast, warm water and something sweet to bloom the yeast - lasts about a week.
    Two questions: Did it help and what exact recipe did you use?
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure if it did anything - only way to tell is have 2 tents and give one CO2 and the other not.

Water, yeast and sugar make CO2, what I read is you breathing around them is enuf. I brew wine/beer in the grow room and see no dif
    I gallon water room temp, a pack yeast (pinch of any brand will do) 1/2 cup sugar, stir, do not seal,

Comment

Thanks for input. Really the only thing I am trying to combat at this point is HEAT. I get leaf taco inside but goes away outside. Just looking for ways to make the girls happier.
      Thanks for reading

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        What is your lighting? How high above the canopy?

How about dry ice?

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        costly here,,, can burn your self as well

I know CO2 is good for higher light levels, but I haven’t seen anything regarding heat tolerance.
      I worry you might be chasing the wrong solution to your problem. If it’s just heat, you could add an air conditioner or a DIY swamp cooler, but that will cause an increase in humidity.

What is your ambient humidity like?
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X