Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

:( first time tent grow - BC Sweet God with some yellowing and slight black spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! :( first time tent grow - BC Sweet God with some yellowing and slight black spot

Hey all!

Joined up just to start asking for some guidance. I've grown in closets before but nothing fancy, one plant at a time mostly, nothing great. Trying to do this one right. I've got 3 plants - 2 of which are a week behind this culprit - the only one of a 6 pack of seeds I got from BC Bud depot that actually sprouted. Very gentle feeding so far with AN's 3 - part grow micro bloom, in soil (potting soil + perlite) in cloth pots. Plant started showing some yellowing leaves with slightly reddish/purple stems low down - I did give it some nutrients the other day but I'm scared to overwater.

Maybe a Magnesium / Calcium or Manganese def? I really can't tell. Brown spots, veins are looking blackish and kinda dusty, leaves feel dry but don't come off easily. New growth looks good though? I had JUST fimmed it when it started, as well as moving it into this pot. Feel like it could be a combo of a lot of things? Just trying to get ahead of it if at all possible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_94968.jpg Views:	4 Size:	362.0 KB ID:	367722
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ewwwww.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	434.6 KB
ID:	367730
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wweeeee.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	367731

HI, without having all the details: that is definitely a nutrient issue, it looks like magnesium and possibly nitrogen. your gentle approach is a good idea. keep a close watch and monitor your feeding closely. the new growth certainly does look healthy so the problem may have adjusted itself. also there has been a fair bit of stress to the plant which would be indicated by the leaves.

what age is the plant?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

it's actually just about a full month old at this point. Took quite a while to pop, and the first week of it's growth was pretty slow - it took right off for a week or two though, so by the time I got around to transplanting it out of the solo cup it was definitely ready to be in a bigger one.

I just watered them yesterday but will give it some more nutes in a day or two here, I'm using the "perfect pH" trio so I'm hypothetically not worrying about pH but if things don't improve I might have to pick up a soil test kit.

Thanks so much again for a second opinion! Going to try to keep a close eye on it and I'll keep this thread updated.
      Last edited by buttfreak; 01-19-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

It is definitely eating the big leaves to survive. OK just transplanted, what is the PH? (I am thinking lockout) Was it this way before the transplant or since? Have you looked at the under side of the leaf for bugs? (with 30X or 60X)

Comment

I haven't checked the PH at this point because I've been using the "PH perfect" which advertises that it's nutrients are basically available from a 4 - 8 PH range. I'm going to get myself a soil test kit here over the week if it hasn't cleared though. It was SLIGHTLY yellowing before transplant so I'm wondering if the pot was too small/if I accidentally severed a root or two when cutting the container off? No bugs visible, took a jeweler's loupe to the plants before they went in the tent - my last grow last year I had spider mites something fierce so I'm trying to stay on top of it

Comment

I also was only starting with a very very mild half-mix of the Advanced Nutrients stuff - just read about the lucas method and likely going to go onto that feeding regimen. Put about 1.5 ml each of Micro and Bloom into a spray bottle with 800ml of water and just did a foliar feed on the one showing symptoms as well as it's two littler roommates, hoping to see some improvement in the next couple of days. Stems on new growth are strong but definitely reddish/purplish, and the leaves moving up the plant are starting to show gentle spotting as well today.

Comment

sounds like you have a plan but I would be very cautious on the nutrient feed, imbalance feed. slowly and with time. too much fussing may retard the growth or, the plant may never come right.
              there may have been root damage from transplant, particularly if you had to cut it out of the cup. root damage which would take the plant some time to recover. because the new growth looks healthy, purple stems in new grow can be an indication of good health, you may just let the dying leaves die with the new growth coming in. it looks like stress to me, not necessarily from nutes, that will mend itself.

Comment

Hey guys! Figured since you took your time to answer and help me out early on, I'd update. It was a problem with Mg I believe, and it seems to have fixed up! I bought some calmag and introduced my regular feeding of the advanced nutrition pH perfect line, with a slightly lower dose on the more nitrogen-heavy ones as we've gotten closer to the end here. going to add a little bit of worm casting tea to it and then start flushing with half strength nutrients and water in a week or two - after reading some recent (Feb 2020) research done by an independent panel I'm trying to steer away from flushing entirely but also don't want to pass up the chance to get the salt out of the soil.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X