Cheat-Sheet For New Growers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheat-Sheet For New Growers

My TV and Internet were down last night due to freezing rain., I had some time to kill so I cleaned up some things on my PC. I also went over my copious notes on my grows. (It’s amazing how much we become a slave to the TV and the Internet, isn’t it?)

Anyway, after looking over my notes on growing, I had a Brain Storm (usually they’re brain farts)
    I decided to put together a “Cheat Sheet” on growing weed. It’s mainly geared for new growers. The many Pro-growers on here most likely have this info seared in their memory banks, I do not.
    90 percent of this stuff comes directly from good-ol’ GWE. (Thanks again, Nebula and Sirius!)

OK, onward!

PH: may be the top thing that’s neglected and/or overlooked.
    PH, PH, PH – get it right!
    Soil PH should be between 6.0 -7.0
    Hydro/Soiless/Coco Coir between 5.5 – 6.5

Nutrients: - (whatever type you use, ½ of the manufacture’s recommendation is a good – rule-of-thumb to apply. (You can always add more, but you Can’t take it back once you’ve watered, Nute-Burned your plants!)

Light/s: What ever type you use – Keep them the required distance from the Top of your Plants – Too Far away and your plants won’t grow as well – too Close and you risk Burning your plants. (When in doubt, keep them a little farther away (Read the manufacture’s recommendations in the manual that came with your light)

Watering:
    Don’t Over water! (or underwater, for that matter) Lift the pot (no, don’t pull the plant out of its container). If it feels Light, or you can also stick your finger in the soil, to the first knuckle and if feels Dry – or the pot feels light - it’s probably time to water.

Temperature and Humidity
    Ideal Temperature for Vegging is 70F-85F; for Flowering is 65F – 80F
    Ideal Humidity for Vegging is 40-60RH; for Flowering 40-50RH (keep it on the Lower-end the last few weeks of Flowering) For Clones the RH should be relatively high – 70-80 percent RH

Seedlings: Young seedlings tend to grow faster with mid-to-high humidity and warm temperatures - AVOID TOO LOW HUMIDITY.” (Nebula’s direct advice)

Harvest: Don’t harvest too Early! You’ve come a long way, growing and caring for your plants. Don’t mess things up now. Patience, Grass Hoffer! When most of your Pistols have turned inward and the Trichomes
    are Cloudy, Flush your plants with plain – Correctly PHed- water – No Nutes! Many growers add 1 Teaspoon of BlackStrap Molasses per gallon of plain water. (It’s supposed to “Bulk Up the buds and make them taste better. Who knows? The Jury is still out.

This Concludes my Cheat-Sheet for new growers.
    (I did not touch on Harvesting/Curing too much – I suggest you “Read-All-About- It” on that section of GWE.

I highly (NPI) recommend you read ALL the Information that Nebula put together, several times. I still read it – and I’m surprised at how much I Still Learn from doing that!

Cheers and Good Growing!
    Last edited by Sledrock; 01-19-2020, 02:22 AM.
    3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
    3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
    Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
    2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
    4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
    6" Oscilatting Fan
    GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
    "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X