SEEDS - Auto or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEEDS - Auto or not

hello my friends, i'm still on my first indoor grow, but already thinking about my next one. i'm going to have to buy some seeds, but not sure if i should buy autos or not. I've been reading people results, and it seems the typical results are about 1/2oz per plant. I have a small tent 3x3, so i could possible have 4 plants, but that's only 2 oz, for 3 months! my current grow is 2 plants, and i'm hoping for 4+oz, on schedule for a 4 month grow, seems like the photo is the was to go. what kind of results are you guys getting. FYI, i don't have the best light, so my yield may vary.

There are many many auto growers who get great results from them here on GWE. I've not dialed it in yet but i'm working on getting 2oz per plant that's my goal. I won't get that much this run with 2 plants that i'm growing right now I've got photos with them. But it's very attainable to do so you watch who says so LOL.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Personally I've only grown 1 auto. I grew it in a 10 gallon fabric pot and got a bit over 9 oz from her. I was very impressed. I know that's not a typical result but it is obtainable.

Comment

This was her in all of her glory

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Daaamn son that's a heck of a auto I be doin the happy dance fo sho

• Sledrock
          Sledrock commented
          Editing a comment
          9 Ounces- Shazzam! SirSmksAlot Are those your plants on the other side of the fence, too?

I don't think 1/2oz is average, more like bottom end. I probably won't get much more than that from my Strawberry cheesecake plant but it looks like it's going to be some fine smoke and it's only going to take about 65 days from germination to harvest and it took up less than 1 sq ft. and is less than1ft tall. There are plenty of people getting 2-4 oz on average with good genetics and training.

Comment

Genetics plays a big part - I've had autos grow to 5 feet and as little as 18 inches. My goal now is 100 grams per plant - my initial goal was 30 grams - once you've grown a few you can understand how they grow. Most of my plants that caused me any kind of problem were the autos that I topped. Sometimes they take off to 4 feet or so and other times they get stunted - like they are pouting throughout the whole grow.

That all being said - I have 5 growing now and all started at different times - 2 in flower. So I'm always looking at one or more plants in flower. No light schedule drawbacks - run your light 24/7 if you can.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I like photos, I can clone them, keep a Mother plant, let them get big or not, My X said I am a control freak LOL

Comment

Hey mate autos are algood i reakon i can satistically tell you what my outcome is yet as there still growing. But i do reakon give them ago due to you can fit them any were and to what ever light cycle all tho saying that more light the better for autos. Mine are outside and doing fine 40 days old 90cm to 1metre in height. Budding hard and looking good. Hey man also i believe youll get more than 1/2 oz tho with a little T.L.C. If you want to try autos try this seedbank whitewidowrocks they have photoperiods aswell so if you enter my email in the part were did you hear about us enter coromandel07866@gmail.com and il receive 7doller credit and youll get 2 free seeds so buy a photoperiod seed and ask for 2 free autos they have alot of primotions and freebies check them out mate autos are allgood in my eyes to.
              IO'D

Comment

wow, i didn't know you could grow autos outdoors. i didn't think they would get enough light. I think i'll get a few seeds and try them. thanks guys.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
                  SirSmksAlot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya i wasn't sure how well it would grow either. Figure I'd give it a shot since it was a freebe seed anyway. It didn't seem to mind the shorter days outside at all. Good luck with whatever you choose

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh yes autos in the right climate would do wonderful. Give them a healthy start indoors then move them out.

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  johnb1963 nice Largemouth, you must live down South, where did you catch that big Lady, ?
                  If she's over 10lbs, I'm guessing Texas, particularly LakeFork.

SirSmksAlot did you do much training to the auto you grew outdoor and much feedings
                IO'D

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
                  SirSmksAlot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I topped her only once, cleaned out some of the lower branches and did some LST to open her up a bit. I fed it the same advanced schedule that I feed my hydro girls. I did a feed then 2 waterings. Worked out to feeding about once a week. By advanced I mean advanced nutrients line.

Awesome SirSmksAlot that plant is impresive so its just an autoflower not a super auto. And it bounced back well from topping i havnt topped an auto due ti statements made saying not to do so but looking at youre toping job that states topping is ok on autos. So you grew that outdoors aye i do the same but i have mine in 15litres and 13litre pots was youre autos roots out the sides of the fabric pot.
                IO'D

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
                  SirSmksAlot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They filled it up but no they didn't poke through. Some autos will react to stress differently than others. This one didn't mind one bit. It was a fruit punch auto from heavyweight seeds.

Awesome thanks for info SirSmksAlot very good to know. Also how much direct sunlight was it getting and what was average temp. And what season
                IO'D

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
                  SirSmksAlot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey no problem. It was getting 14 hrs direct at most. I'm in south central Canada. Southern Saskatchewan to be more precise. We have pretty mild Temps here but I'd say the average daytime Temps were about 25 celsius maxing out with a couple days above 30. The nights got down to 15 or so. It was summer here when it was grown.

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SirSmksAlot y'all got some huge deer way up there, ain't you ? Both Whitetail and Muledeer.
                  I've got a bunch of duck bands that came from Saskatchewan, mallards mostly.
                  That we harvested way down here in Ms.

• SirSmksAlot
                  SirSmksAlot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  D.A.A.S.69 ya the deer hunting is really good around these parts. Lots of geese here too.

With good seeds in a 3x3, with a good light, an environment, an training, you should be able to get between 8-16ozs every grow, with 4plants.
                Except for the occasional one that shows pistils early, like day 12-15, then you will be lucky to get 1oz.
                HappyGrowing.
                My buddy Doubledealing72, on here got way over a lb.on one auto,
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

• Doubledealing72
                  Doubledealing72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  *raises hand*

Guilty lol.

Genetics do have a lot to do with it. I grow in the same size tent you are, and I only like to run 3 at a time max now. Some autos get too big with training.

Go for it man, they are great!

Awesome SirSmksAlot very good green thumb thanks for advice and answers and i hope to have some pics like youres sometime soon
                IO'D

Comment

SirSmksAlot I tried to put a picture up there in that post about the deer, but it want let you put a picture on a comment,
                  But we get a few Geese down this way too. Mostly Specks,Bluebellies an Canadian, lesser an greater.
                  Ducks an Geese have always fascinated me, xcuse,the spelling, lol
                  Migrations, are awesome things, to watch, just like clockwork every year.
                  They really do some traveling. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190328_150628.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	838.8 KB
ID:	368536Click image for larger version

Name:	20190328_150628.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	838.8 KB
ID:	368537
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  315lec for everything else
                  Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
                    SirSmksAlot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those are great photos. I love the sound a huge flock makes when flying over. Very peaceful

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X