• Show
Clear All

Chop er down - Thing 1 is ready - fantastic colas on her also - fabulastic
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Week 15

The deed is done. The Red Cheese is down as of this weekend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	week 15 red cheese down.jpg Views:	0 Size:	254.3 KB ID:	399546

Click image for larger version  Name:	week 15 red cheese jar.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.0 KB ID:	399545

Yield is somewhere around 3/4 oz dry weight. It's not as much as I thought, but this plant had a hard life.

It smokes pretty well. For a brand new harvest, it's not harsh or grassy tasting at all. I'm sure it will get better.

What remains?

The Northern Lights and little Cheese are still in the tent. The NL was 4 days younger than the Red Cheese, but it's much larger and the buds are coming along nicely. I think the harvest on that is going to be pretty satisfying. Harvest on it is within the next two weeks for sure. I'm still seeing a lot of white pistils despite the plant's age. It's only four days younger than the Red Cheese. That's fine, it can take all the time it wants.

The Cheese is showing some plump buds. It's still a tiny plant, but the buds are dense and plump looking. I think it's going to be a very nice harvest as well, small though it may be.

What comes next?

I have this waiting to go into the tent this week to (technically) start Grow 4:

Click image for larger version  Name:	seedling.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.4 KB ID:	399548

There will be at least 2 others. I'm pretty comfortable taking care of 3 plants though I really have room for 4, but I need to order some more seed. Not sure what I want. If you have any suggestions for plants that grow well in a tent and produce worthwhile amounts of THC, let me know. I'm open to whatever Southern Oregon Seeds (or possibly somebody else) has to offer.

At any rate this grow is charging toward an end. Thanks for watching. More as it develops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_104059.png
Views:	172
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	399547
      Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

Week 16

I'm nearing the end of week 16 and watching the Northern Lights carefully. I've still got white pistils showing up, but buds are ripening and harvest is imminent. Here are some close-ups of a bud I clipped this morning:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-05-08-094547.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	402721

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-05-08-094621.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	402722

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-05-08-094702.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.9 KB ID:	402723

I suspect this plant will be down within the next 10 days, possibly before the end of the weekend. I'm more inclined to harvest this one early rather than wait for it to develop a whole lot of CBD. On that note, I am looking at the possibility of growing a high CBD plant. I'll probably post a question about that somewhere because I don't know whether it's worth purchasing seeds that explicitly state that they are high CBD varieties, or just grow what I'm growing, say Northern Lights, and just let it go until the plant is packed with amber trichomes. Any wisdom appreciated.

And here is the action shot. You may note that I am really fighting high temps and low humidity. I plan on changing out the humidifier wick soon, and have a 6" exhaust system in a wish list on Amazon. My current system is only 4" which has been adequate until I added the second light.

The Cheese is still small, still plumping up with lots of white pistils still showing up, mostly around the top.

The new Bride Cake is a thriving seedling that I'm trying not to mess with. It's too small to show up in the pic below because the guard I have over it's bucket is blowing it out, but it's there and healthy looking. I can't wait to see how this thing grows. It should be short and heavy with THC.

At any rate, this is where we are at. I plan on another update Sunday.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200508_095228.png Views:	0 Size:	1.55 MB ID:	402724
        Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

Week 16.5

The Northern Lights is coming down tonight. Here's what I'm looking at right now:

The trichomes are almost entirely milky and at other spots on the plant, buds are showing a lot of amber trichs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Friday 2020-05-15-190117.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.5 KB ID:	405287

Click image for larger version  Name:	Friday 2020-05-15-190131.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.3 KB ID:	405288

Click image for larger version  Name:	Friday 2020-05-15-190309.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	405289

Click image for larger version  Name:	Friday 2020-05-15-190203.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	405290

Click image for larger version  Name:	Week 17.5 northern lights 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	362.8 KB ID:	405291

Click image for larger version  Name:	Week 17.5 northern lights 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	355.5 KB ID:	405292

And here's the action shot. More to follow as it is cut, trimmed and dried.

Happy Friday.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats on the harvest. Been a long haul for ya but a great learning experience. I learn new things with my grows because I keep trying new strains and they grow differently, take nutes and light intensity. Can I ask you if your in Oregon?

Thanks for the encouragement. Growing different strains is fun and you do learn things .

I am in New Mexico, not Oregon. Sounds like a beautiful place if toys outdoorsy.

I need to see what to get started for my next grow!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh thought you might be in Oregon because of the southern Oregon seed mention but you just like their " souvenirs " so they say about seed sellers LOL

• madams9
            madams9 commented
            Editing a comment
            I do like the souvenirs. I'm new to this and looking around for varieties to grow. Getting a few "suggestions" from SOS is a good thing. Primarily, I'm buying from them because they are domestic and the service is really good.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X