cloning autoflowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL cloning autoflowers

Is it possible to successfully clone autoflowers? tia!

That depends on what you call successful. Can they be cloned, most can, they wont get big. The thing with autos is you cannot reset their clock. Most will start flowering at 3-5 weeks old and some finish as fast as 65 days. It takes about 10 days to start roots and another few days to grow into the medium/soil/whatever. It leaves little time for growth, good luck if you try it.

Comment

Okay, thank you Rwise!

Comment

I just really have not tried, at this point i've only taken from photo but if i ever fill my "weed pantry" again ( I'm trying LOL) i swear i'm gonna sacrifice a auto to try and do a clone or two.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• PRIMO
          PRIMO commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal If your'e between 5 or 6 weeks top her and stick it inna rapid rooter you're gonna dig it. love ya.

Ooohh... SoOrbudgal... when/if you do, please let us know how it turns out!!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Won't be for quite a bit as i'm months away from havesting. I have 2 autos in my tent at 30days from seed, nearly ready to flower, also have 3 photos that are in veg mode with them on 18/6. So it's going to be 3 months before i begin anymore autos. Need to fill the ol pantry. That sure is a pretty cat. We just adopted 2 new kitties from the shelter, one is a hunter other is a lover LOL

I have a cutting that I took on Jan 1st from a Seedsman Lemon Auto and it has not rooted yet. I took it along with 6 other photo cuttings, 4 of the photos have roots and have been transplanted, the auto still hasn't produced more than little nubs so far but it looks like they might sttart to grow in a few more days.

Here's the Auto
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200117_180920.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	4.33 MB
ID:	367376

Here are the last two photo cuttings, the larger one is Seedsman's Alaskan Purple and was the first of all 7 to start getting the nubs but has yet to actually extend a root. The small one is White Caramel Cookie by Sumo Seeds and I kinda need it to actually make it in case it's mother who is in the flower tent turns out to be great although I'm half hoping it's nothing too special since it has been the most pita to grow.

Name:	20200117_181119.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	367377

Comment

SoOrbudgal, thank you for the kind words re: my avatar... she’s a real hunter. I have seven cats, all adopted from the pound. I have an elaborate blockade outside my growroom door (a tiny bathroom) because of course that’s the room they all are trying to get into! They’re like devilish toddlers.

Comment

I cloned a gorilla glue auto and harvested 5.7 oz dry. But you must take the clone as early as possible.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by tag32; 01-17-2022, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Yes it is possible. These beans were supposed to be photos and as such were manifolded and cloned. The clones were taken from the shoots from node #1. Idk about what is supposed happen, but here is the result. The clones were smaller than the mothers, but were on a different bloom schedule. Unfortunately the clones had a bout of bud rot and were chopped early.

Name:	CLONE 12A.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	929.5 KB
ID:	553230
              Mothers

Name:	CLONE 13A.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	1,012.4 KB
ID:	553231
              Clones
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I topped my autos Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2022.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	553239 So yes it can be done
                Last edited by PRIMO; 01-15-2022, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Ckbrew
                  Ckbrew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Altoids box, for size reference or pest control?

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well now i'm convinced seeing this grow from a cloned Auto flower. I will take a chance an experiment doing clones next time i run autos, i top and train using LST anyway just never heard truthfully it can be successful well done PRIMO. Bet it was pretty short clipping for a clone eh?

Ckbrew Altoid box is for scissor hash and bottom of the grinder dust. And reference.

Comment

SoOrbudgal When I top a plant I stick the clipping in a rapid rooter in a cup of water and put it under a cfl in a desk lamp for warmth. If it doesn't take "meh" if I see roots come out of it "yay". Into a solo cup under some bigger cfls and were off again.

Comment

I grew 2 auto clones in solo cups from the same plant and harvested 69 grams wet or about 20 grams dry weight. Fun little grow but as mentioned it doesn't produce much.
                    This was from a Mephisto Creme de la Chem.

Comment

JohnEmad They're a couple of cute little buggers. I give mine a week or two then pot up to a three gal.

Comment

• JohnEmad
                        JohnEmad commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I cut my clones a little late so they were already well into flower and it took about 2 weeks to get roots so ya! lol. I was happy as hell with them.
                        Your plant posted above is v nice for an auto clone.
                        I may try it again next time I grow autos.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X