No announcement yet.

Wood in the tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully I don't die :\ Should I scrap my whole closet and start over? Is the risk that bad?

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I would just keep the paint coating in good condition and it shouldn’t cause an issue. If you are worried, do a daily coating inspection. Re-coat with fresh mold resistant paint if you visually see any damage or flaking of the coating.

🍻. Thank you all for your replies. Seems there are 2 camps here- those who use it & have had no problems & those who can foresee a potential problem & choose not to risk it. Nothing wrong with either stance. Hell- I germinate my seeds, plant my clones & transplant a plant WAY differently than most of ya lol. & as long as we all get to the harvest theres nothin wrong with either method 🤠

Comment

• dropinbiking
      dropinbiking commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinda, I'm just really high right now wondering about all these things that might kill me. Tokers got me on a paranoia train.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      IMHO, An ounce of prevention is worth its weight in gold.
      My room is built from a pressure treated wood frame, with mold resistant foam board insulation, and mold resistant sheet rock coated in mold resistant paint. The flooring is concrete which I scrub after every harvest. It’s sealed from pests. Inside that room I have several tents which house my plants. This was very easy to construct with 2 people working.

dropinbiking i don’t mean to cause any unnecessary concern, you can usually see and smell these types of issues before they become a real problem. If there is lots of mold already growing somewhere near your grow room, than yes I would consider that to be high risk.
    The point I was trying to make is in general wood in the garden is no bueno my friend. Let’s not forget that commercial and medical growers frequent these sites here as well. So the conversations we are having must apply to the masses and not just to the individuals contributing to the topic.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Well that sucked, early harvest is better than no harvest, still feel shitty about it but I think it was the right choice. I'll wait until I get my tent before I sprout any more seeds. Honestly this might be a good thing I realized this because now I can order proper seeds and start from scratch. Feels shitty to pull the plug so early but better safe than sorry I guess.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are currently seeing problems, I could see pulling the plug early on your girls. If it’s WPM, I have heard of people still harvesting WPM buds and they do a complete bud wash with hydrogen peroxide (I believe) prior to drying. There are videos on you tube on how that can be done. I, personally, have never tried it myself. I can’t speak to how well it works. Definitely would not attempt this if I were a medical/recreational grower.
        If there are no signs of mold, then you most likely don’t have it. In that case, I would just plan out the new seeds and tent for the next grow. Best of luck!

• dropinbiking
        dropinbiking commented
        Editing a comment
        I had no issues, just figured harvesting would be better than risking it all going moldy. They were only 2-3 weeks from being done, not a huge loss. Big lesson learned for next time. I shouldn't have grown in the closet to begin with.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don’t see any mold, then there isn’t a risk in harvesting in 2-3 weeks. This stuff takes time to develop. Unless you are actually seeing it, I wouldn’t worry about this harvest. It would be future harvests that I would be more concerned
        with.
        Just make sure to dry and cure the final product of this harvest properly to avoid mold.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X