Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Small white bugs in runoff

Hi looking for some help if anyone can.
    im doing three wedding cakes under 2 HPS in coco. Recently I had problems with thrips so I got predators to get rid of them. Since then these small white bugs have appeared in my runoff. From what I found on Google they are springtails and apparently harmless. I let the Coco dry for a few days to see if they would go as they like humid areas but it hasn't worked, can anyone identify these for me and advise me what I should do?

they kinda look like the larvae phase of the root aphids, there are several "phases" or "kinds"(like jobs in a bee hive) you also have the winged phase and the crawler phase, most adults are dark brown or even black, if it is root aphids youll start to find little black specs all around the floor (thats the crawlers) and a few on top of soil flying around like gnats(winged).

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! Aphids don't sound nice... Do they cause any damage? To be honest I haven't seen anything flying in the tent as I thought it could be fungus gnats but I don't see any bugs apart from in the run off water

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        they can hurt very small plants because the larvae eats tender new root hairs but big strong plants have no issue with them. just keep an eye out for those crawlers, there are many other types of bugs that could be so keep researching into root bugs larvaes and aphids

Ok I will keep researching. I think they are springtails I can't find anything else but I'll keep looking, mine are 4 weeks into flowering so worrying a bit lol, but they are perfectly healthy and doing really well and I did read they are not harmfull. There was quite a few of them so guessing Ive had them for some time

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        nice, you can keep track of them at the runoff and even flush them out if need to

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X