How bad did I screw up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad did I screw up?

My plant is 8 weeks old and has been on 12/12 lighting for a little over 2 weeks. I accidently left the lights on for a 24 hour period. Anyone have any experience of that happening and what I should expect from my plant next?

How long did the timer malfunction happen?
    If you caught it the next day and you corrected it, then I don't think that you'll see any effects.
    Overall, just continue on.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

It may very well mess up the flowering hormone and your plants may go back to vegetation stage, or they may turn hermie. Here's more information: https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...tal-re-vegging
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Pre-facing this by saying I've never grown cannabis indoors but I know a a fair deal about botany in general.
        12/12 for over two weeks is enough time to begin producing enough hormone that causes the bloom. This hormone is only produced at night, hence why we increase the hours of darkness to flower. 24h of constant light.. like alltatup said, the chances of them either revegging or becoming hermies due to stress are big. Or you could have a super sturdy strain on your hands and it could just power through it. Keep a super close eye on them.

Comment

I have had this happen, nothing ill came of it, but as said watch closely!

Comment

I would do as the others have said, keep an eye on it and keep it going as if nothing has changed. Just watch it, I would grow it out.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I can't even count how many times I've done that and NEVER had a problem

Comment

I think we've all done it, and kicked ourselves really good after that and didn't let it become a habit.

If there was a dope slap emoji, I would apply it here. All in good fun for better growing.

​​​​​​I think it takes doing it repeatedly. But if you're doing that, you're probably making other mistakes as well, all of which can cause hermie.
                ​​​​​​
                Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ABsolutely agree: environmental stress can cause it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X