Calyx help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Calyx help!!

So i checked my girls last night and noticed a TON of bulbous sacs over my plants. I use feminized seeds but my plants have recently been stressed. I started googling hermies and we were convinced thats what we had. I basically picked every bulb off my plant! Now im freaking out because i think they were actually very swollen Calyixs (sp).

They were tear dropped in shape, had a couple hairs coming out... basically empty inside except for a small seed. I feel like such an idiot. This is my first grow and my plants have been in flower for about 5 weeks.

How will this hurt my grow? Will they grow back? Thanks for any help.

Any pictures would GREATLY help. Either way it sounds like the plants have been through some stress so that's always a possibility. I've wondered myself about swollen female parts that looked like male seeds. I've ripped a few apart just to find them hollow (Not male or anything to worry about) Sounds like maybe early developing seeds, again, pictures would help a lot. Hard to say what move to make except kill it, but that's always last resort, and would suck to jump the gun.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6661.jpeg
Views:	841
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	365186Click image for larger version

Name:	666.jpeg
Views:	644
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	365187

Comment

But swollen Calyxes are normal, no? dropinbiking

Comment

Yes those are normal leave them alone.

Comment

Swollen calyxes are just another way of cannabis plants showing they are getting riper - actually they are getting ready to make seeds - just as soon as she gets pollinated. Which won't happen if no Male stuff in the air. So.......

You did a booboo - don't do it again. Everyone makes mistakes - if this was your only one, then it's no biggie.

Plant will be okay - show us a pic of the whole plant please.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

This is my one plant.. OG Kush in a 10gallon smart pot. Organic super soil with no nutes. She is currently 5 weeks into flower and using 600w HPS.
              Attached Files

Comment

So do you know how plucking the calyxes off will affect my buds? Canuck147

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nope - never done it.

You picked off good stuff and it won't grow back, don't do it anymore (luckily it's a tiny amount). Your buds that are left on the plant will be fine.

Comment

• NikkiAnne
                  NikkiAnne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I put them all in a grocery bag because i was worried they were developing pollen sacs. Like probably a good 60-80n of them!!! EEEK. Can i dry them to make edibles?

• FunkyButtLovin
                  FunkyButtLovin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, you can do whatever you would do with bud normally.

• NikkiAnne
                  NikkiAnne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks!

ya it's not like topping where if you remove buds two will take its place.

10 gallon pot though.. big roots = big tolerance to stress.

og kush is a great strain be extra nice they have likely already forgiven you.

Comment

• NikkiAnne
                  NikkiAnne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought it went hermie which is why i did it. Now im sad that it was calyxes and i didn't realize it.

Hey NikkiAnne you have a really nice plant that can take it. I've eaten those raw they are tasty, a tad spicy peppery.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NikkiAnne
                  NikkiAnne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! Hope I don't F it up anymore before I harvest. lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X