Help! Like no one has used that before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Help! Like no one has used that before

Up to about a week ago most everything was cool (some yellow between the veins). Then twisted, cuping up leaves started appearing everywhere. Here's my system 8 plant DWC using General Hydro nutrients under LED lights. Air temp between 80 to 85, water chiller set to 66. I added a small amount of micro the other day to see if that would help. Started flowering about 3 weeks ago. Can't see any problems with the roots, not mushy or off color. There could be a little light burn, but nothing severe. Ph has been kept within 5.5 to 6.5 parameters. About half, maybe more, are showing these symptoms. The others seem in the very early stages of whatever this is. It really looks like they are dying or something with the leaves all drying out.

If I had to guess, I would say heat and light stress are a big factor. How close is the light to the plant? Can you bring canopy temps bellow 80? How much air flow is going on around the tent?

Comment

• DeadlyNedly
      DeadlyNedly commented
      Editing a comment
      I have 2 9" fans to circulate air, as well as an exhaust fan (400 cfm). I moved the lights to the top and temp came down. I think you hit on something with the light stress. Thanks, I'll let you know what happens.

You're not supposed to smoke them until after you harvest! It looks to me like they're getting way too much heat and/or light.

Comment

• DeadlyNedly
      DeadlyNedly commented
      Editing a comment
      duh!!! on the smokin part

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, perhaps I should not have been so jocose. I was just pointing out the fact that you've been burning the shit out of your plants with heat/light.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought it was funny & obviously said with good intentions.

Check under those bud tops...…...
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DeadlyNedly
      DeadlyNedly commented
      Editing a comment
      For what??? I don't see any males.

DeadlyNedly I believe i saw hermis from stress
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

If they haven't showed any male signs yet, and I don't see any, they probably will soon, so yeah, keep an eye out.

Comment

UPDATE: Well that crop all turned yellow except at the very top of the bud. I wasn't going to try to save it (didn't know if smoking it would be toxic), so I thru everything out and started over. I germinated the seeds and planted in rapid grow units. After seedlings came up they started to turn yellow. I can't figure out what is causing it. I started some seeds in jiffy pellets and the same thing is happening on them. Please help. At this point I am still using tap water.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Your cooking them again

• OlderNOTwiser
          OlderNOTwiser commented
          Editing a comment
          What is the pH of the tap water?

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          The top of the plant was the only part that DIDN'T turn yellow? What is your medium?

Which lights are those?

Comment

I am using LED's I have 4 at 2000 and 2 at 1500 (watts). I found out that my pH meter was off. I think the problem is high pH. I got a new meter and found out the tap water is about 7.1. Probably so high the leaves are turning yellow. That's probably the problem from my last crop too. I also got a lux meter. With all this help maybe I'll turn this black thumb green. lol

Comment

• swegrow
            swegrow commented
            Editing a comment
            Im no expert but 4x2000 and 2x1500 watts for 8 plants!? Jesus, I would settle for one 1500 and place it as high as possible! Even that might be a bit to much. From what Ive learned atleast.

OH and FunkyButtLovin no offence taken, just lookin for help.

Comment

I Kinda think if you put a few cfls or a t-5 over your seedlings you might see a big difference. I don't think a ph. of 7 is high enough to kill your plants. Just my opinion. Oh yeah, test your meter in a cup of milk,should be around 7.

Comment

Well I’d say a 1500 watt led would be enough for 4... ive never tried 8.. ceilings not high enough.. but to have that much you are for sure over killing it with lights.. you could have 20+ for the amount of light power your using.. and those types of lights are not for seedlings... should have a much softer light or have it really high away.. when they get their first set of true leaves you can move it down to 18 inches away.. but never closer.. 18 is still the closest recommended is 18-24inchs away, your temps in the room should be around 65-75/80 depending on strain you have
              depending on which soil or hydro your using should have a separate temperature.. water is 55-70 I believe.. dirt is 65-70(dirt retains heat and will actually slowly cook roots if to hot.. to damp will cause disease

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X