Guys, is this poor plant dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Guys, is this poor plant dead?

Her name is Julie. She was planted a week after her sister, Misty, but is only a 5th of her height (7” inches). At one point her pot got moldy so I transplanted her into the new pot (shown here) but I might have messed it up. I thought she just might need to switch light cycles so I did that since her sister is an auto, but no changes. I also upgraded to a more powerful light as opposed to the cheap one I was using, and instantly saw growth with Misty but nothing with Julie. I think Julie might be dead. I might also have overwatered them as I’ve seen bugs that I’ve diagnosed as fungus gnats flying in Julie’s soil.

Since I haven’t seen a bit of growth with her, I’m starting to think she’s dead or beyond saving. I kind of do want to clip her down and start again with one of the new seeds I bought. She also has a few buds on her that smell and feel sticky, should I try to clip those down and dry her, and see what I can smoke off of her?

Also, when do you think I should see flowers on Misty (the taller one?) I imagine both of them are stunted since I tried to grow them under an incredibly cheap grow light (like 30$ cheap) and therefore will have a bit more growing to do.

My build: Fabric Pots, fox farm ocean forest, a brand new Viparspectra light, distilled water only, no nutes or supplements. Previously used a cheap light bought off wish. No grow tent, using Mylar on the walls.

Cremate Julie and start over. Your new light should make a difference - consider nutrients - cannabis plants need them, want them use them or just..........
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

When you say cremate Julie, do you mean I should try and smoke her? She has tiny flowers.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hehehe - well that would be up to you.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure dry her up and fire her up

I agree, chop her down and start over. Dry it for a few days then smoke the bowl she provided while you lay her tiny, twig corpse to rest in the backyard. Maybe say a little prayer to Shiva.

Comment

When I start over I might wanna do a photoperiod again, I have a few photo seeds like Girl Scout Cookies and Sour Diesel I wanna try, if I change the lights to 18/6 will the auto who is taller still flower? I’m pretty sure that’s what auto means, just asking though.

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your auto will be fine at 18/6

It sure will, this little auto has seen light 24/7 since seed.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200108_163028.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	4.40 MB
ID:	364591

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200108_163106.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	364592

Comment

Thank you guys so much, how long would it take to dry Julie if I left her hung upside down in a dark closet (which is what I hear people do). She’s smaller so it wouldn’t take more than a week I suppose.

Comment

Would probably take less than a week, depending on conditions. I have some tiny sample bud drying on my grow light (Not ideal, just needed to lob off the top 3 inches of a plant) and it seemed to take 4 days ish, under pretty dry conditions, 35-40% humdiity. Awesome little plants, looks like that one just flowered really really soon and gave it all she had considering her conditions. A for effort man

Comment

• dropinbiking
              dropinbiking commented
              Editing a comment
              If you hang it all upside to dry you will notice it go through phases. First it will just all go limp and droopy, and lose a lot of moisture in the first day or two. Than any leaves will start curling and the tips will get dry and crunchy first. let it dry till the whole outside of everything has that crunchy dry feel, it will more than likely still have some moisture in near the center. From there you can break it up, let it sit longer, and smoke it, or put it in a jar and start trying to extend the dry time, or just leave it there to continue drying right out. Expect fully fully dry in a week if you're in any sort of dry-ish or not humid area, or are in a dry house in winter.

• Stahlherz420
              Stahlherz420 commented
              Editing a comment
              I appreciate the A for effort there man, that cheers me up. I was really sad when I had to cut her down. I felt like I couldn't give her the best life she could've had. We played bagpipes and everything. When her buds are harvested I have sort of a "casket" to put her in.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X