Short autos....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short autos....

I’ve been buying my seeds from Nirvana and so far I’m happy with them.... I’m curious though: do you know where I can get short/small autos? I don’t have the space for large plants.

Have you tried Nirvana's Short Ryder? I've grown a few of them and they were 24"- 30" tall.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Thanks, Doug. I’ll check it out!!

Comment

I didn't realize such strains existed. Only have purchased autos through MOC, Mephisto and Nirvana and controlled height by tying down. It'll be a time saver to let genetics take care of it, if the yield is comparable. Thanks posters.

Comment

Well like quirk was saying LST tie down the arms. My thoughts on those so called "short autos" little yield for dwarfs, same amount of electricity to grow em.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal, I suspect that you are correct... I’m still new at this and am tempted to try LST yet I’m also afraid of injuring the plants into hermie-land. I need more confidence to try that!!

Comment

I started 2 seeds for the sole purpose of abusing them. One is LST into an arc and still being created. The other is a poorly executed quad-line. Nice to have a few seeds to do this with. I'll likely get real good yields by what I'm seeing but it was never the intention. The intention was to get comfortable enough with the plant and the process to just look, recognize what needs to be done and just do it. No more slow walking the solution. In ya go!
            TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
            EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
            AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
            IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

OlderNotWiser: how old were the plants when you started the LST? I’m considering sacrificing a grow to see if I can do this.

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
                OlderNOTwiser commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking at my diary they were 21 days above ground. They were both rather small. I started another quadline yesterday. Different strain. At 21 days it was 6" tall, thick as a pencil and 6-nodes. I topped it to just under the 4th node to leave a stump. The girls I'm abusing are still going strong. I'll flip to 12/12 on 2/1/2020 which is when I expect to put my Solo cup entry under the LED lights.

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                Whoa now! You won't be sacrificing a grow, trust me. Your plants will do better than they would if you left them alone. LST or even HST isn't going to cause your plant to hermie either. Top 'em, twist 'em tie 'em down, break a branch off, split a stalk, don't worry, she'll recover and without growing balls. People wouldn't train plants if it caused them to hermaphrodite. Hermaphrodites are almost always attributed to genetics or the plant is for whatever reason trying to reproduce with itself in a last ditch effort to make seeds.

This is a CBD autoflowering plant. I tried to tame it but ended up just pulling out and tying down all of the good side branches and adding some light from the side. The pics are about 3 weeks apart. The plant was only 23.5 inches tall.

Comment

Hi CatMomma, dont be afraid to attempt LST. Its super easy..and you'll be pleased with the results. All your trying to do is open up the plant so you can expose more plant to the light. My first grow, i LST'd all my plants, didnt go crazy, just bend the growing end down once a day, maybe twice if shes growing fast. My second grow i LST'd hard but not as often so the plants stretched out a lot more and have produced much bigger, fatter buds! Third and current grow i'v LST 2 photo clones Really hard..tying them down tight for the first part of Veg then i'll let them go.
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Tent
                Bruce Banner
                Kushy Kush
                2Cookies and cream

Comment

Thank you all so much for helping me gather the nerve to do this!!! When I bend the branches down do I secure them or just leave them?

Comment

If you haven't scrolled through or read the various training articles and tutorials on GWE I'd start here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/low-stress-training-lst

Comment

Thank you... I’ll do that... I only have two plants...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I apologize CatMomma have you said what kind of plants those are? And never fear it's a plant and we all learned by making errors no worries. And you will be given help all the way here on this site. I enjoy training so much now, I still break limbs and they grow back LOL

"Only two"? How funny did that sound in your head? They look very good.

Comment

Hehee, Older... everything sounds funny in my head!! I’m soon going to take the plunge and try the LST on one of the plants....

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I watched loads of LST videos on youtube I was just watching one earlier today about autoflower training. You can do it !

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X