Security cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security cameras

I’m considering getting a small security camera to place in my grow area to keep an eye on things. I won’t place the data to the cloud but will live-stream it to my phone. My concern is that last week there was a serious data breach concerning Wyze brand cameras and now I am wondering about this as being a security risk. I’m interested in your input. Thank you!!

I have a hard wired camera system that records to a hard drive, no online access. I can't watch it from my phone but no one else can watch it either.

Comment

StillHigh... that sounds like a safer option.

Comment

ive been checking into this subject. wyze charges for cloud services and just got hacked last week, i found a brand looking for video doorbells and has the best camera lenses, the best app and capabilities within the app and the lowest prices. and most importantly, it stores the video locally but you can still acces tru wifi and answer the door, they have many cameras so check them out https://www.eufylife.com/

Comment

hi Cat,

ive recently gotten hold of a very tiny computer with a camera that can do some nice things...

a raspberry pi zero W powered by a USB cable that connects wirelessly to your home network.
          it can do streaming, but you can set it up not to ping the outside world in any way.

what i have on it is something called motioneyeos.
          still images, video streaming, motion detection are a few of the things it does.

GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
          2x CDMH 315W lights
          870m3/hr fan
          8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            MotioneyeOS is awesome. Wish I was better at coding because there is some features (facial recognition) that I would like to see implemented.

9fingerleaf, thank you for responding... I think it’s important to be able to keep an eye on things... when I go out I’m often wondering if my grow set up is on fire or if something has fallen, etc. FDP, that sounds great... very inventive!!

Comment

Something you also want to consider is the light from the camera. One grow I kept an old cell phone in my flowering tent with IPwebcam running it and it caused the plants closest to it to hermie. The phone's back light was enough to cause the problems.

Comment

Thanks, Grinder!!!

Comment

I can't figure out why these thieves don't wear masks or at least panty hose. https://youtu.be/HacKCVBQNXk

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X