Fire safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire safety

Hey everyone just wanted to remind everyone to give their equipment and grow space a good look over once in a while. I recently built a light trap device to place over the grate on my furnace to prevent light leaks. All was going well or so I thought for about 2 weeks when today I could smell burning plastic. The wife and I were panicking. I checked all my connections, PowerBar, ballast, fans and pumps but couldn't figure it out. I decided to take the cover I made for the furnace and discovered that the heat had been building up in there due to inadequate air flow. It burnt the wires up in the furnace and almost started a fire. I realize it was my own stupid mistake but sometimes that's all it takes to drastically change your life. I'm glad it happened and was able to figure it out while I was at home.

I am looking at the positive side, everyone is ok! Anything else can be replaced.

Comment

I agree 100%

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG thank goodness for your good smellers. And thank you for the cautions so glad no fire happened.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad its all ok.
        I have a smoke and co detector right outside my grow area and a medium sized extinguisher just in case. Good as long as we are home.

I have a fire extinguisher but no smoke detector. I'll be grabbing one after work

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X