White Widow Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Widow Grow

While the Amnesia Trance is off growing fat and happy buds, I'm coming up to decision time on my Week 6 & 8 White Widow grow. Non-feminised seed from Seedsman. Only one of first four seeds germinated, forcing another planting two weeks later. All have been abused while I was concentrating on building my cabinets.

The tied-down (rear-left) plant was the early plant, it's shown itself as a female, and will go into the bigger pot in the next 7-10 days. Seems healthy right now. The tipped plant in front of it has not shown sex and since others have shown female I'm assuming it is a male. He will be sent to the blurple breeding box, lucky guy. Next door (right-front) is my sick little girlfriend. Darker leaves, thin stems, red stems, very sensitive to overwatering. And really shows her female side really strong right now. I wonder if she is a White Widow at all. She may go back into the seedling/early juvie box for some blue blasting until I figure out what to do with here. Back-right plant just showed female. It was hit hard by some dehydration and is just getting healthy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 47.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	814.5 KB
ID:	363366Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 48.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	971.3 KB
ID:	363367

This 8-week old plant will go from it's current 2.6-gallon pot into a 15-gallon pot to finish vegetation.

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 16.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	363360Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 4.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	712.1 KB
ID:	363354

This fellow has not shown sex, while the rest have shown female. I'm assuming it's a boy. Off to the sex chamber!

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 37.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	363361Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 40.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	910.9 KB
ID:	363363

This is the latest plant to come out female. It was stunted the most in its youth, but looks normal. I'm planning on breeding this with the guy.

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 17.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	363358Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 20.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	580.4 KB
ID:	363359

And finally, my sick little girlfriend. She just doesn't act like the others. Don't know what to do with her.

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 21.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	855.7 KB
ID:	363364Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 30.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	363355Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 46.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	363362Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow Week 6&8 01-15-20 44.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	389.0 KB
ID:	363365

Meanwhile the Amnesia Trance keeps doing its thing. 13 weeks, 5@ 12/12

Name:	Amnesia Trance Week 13; Week 5 12:12b.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	670.4 KB
ID:	363368

Attached Files
    2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

BaccaRacca Most of your plants looking quite healthy, and vigorous. I am not familiar with fertigation. How long have you been using this method?

Comment

• BaccaRacca
      BaccaRacca commented
      Editing a comment
      So long that it's gone out of fashion for growing cannabis. I was told of the method back in the 70s. Perlite is the bulk of the mix, which makes it very light and easy to move. And even though it is lightweight it can hold a lot of water while keeping roots aerated. Just enough peat moss (acid) is mixed into the perlite to buffer my tap water (alkali with a lot of calcium and magnesium). It works for me and my hard water, so I haven't changed. When I started growing again after 35 years or so, I kept with what I knew. Thank you for asking.

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      BaccaRacca I like the idea of the lightweight grow medium. Humping 15 gallon bags of soil mix is losing its attraction. Many on this site would shy away from the Miracle Gro fertilizer you are using. What are you using for an injector?

• BaccaRacca
      BaccaRacca commented
      Editing a comment
      starramus, Yes, the setup is light and easy to deal with. I'm not using grandpa's miracle grow. I'm using what they call their vegetable and herb fertilizer. 18-18-21, plus they've added some natural ingredients, which provide a lot of micronutrients. Similar to Scott's Foxfarm brand. Just a bit different mix. I add or change nutrient recipes from there. Works. Saves money. At the moment I am shopping for an automatic irrigation system. I'm hand watering right now. The system I choose will provide a good spread of water/nute mix over a large portion of the pot. I'm experimenting with something during the beer cup challenge. I should post a tutorial on the technique as I do get questions about it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X