Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is one gallon fabric pot is enough for sea of green method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Is one gallon fabric pot is enough for sea of green method?

As the title suggests, I am wondering if I can use one gallon pots which are sized 7 x 7 inch. I have six seedlings in cup. My grow space is in signature. What is the efficient way to utilize the space and the grow. I would have only planted three as it was my initial plan. I have three 5 Gal fabric pots. Since I decided to use sea of green method, I doubled up the grow but I am confused where and how to give them home.!

Thanks in advance!
    2.5 x 2.5 tent
    Viparspectra PAR600
    4" Fan & Filter
    Coco-Perlite
    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
    1x Cream Cookies
    1x Pineapple Express
    1x Northern Lights
    1x White Widow

I think a true sea of green would utilize 9-12 1 gallon containers in that space but there's nothing wrong with using 6, it just gives you a little more room and will take a little longer if you want to fill out the canopy. With 6 plants in a 30" x 30" I'd probably try to go with 2 gallon pots and just top & lst or scrog to fill the tent with tops but you may need some yoyos if you go sans net.

Comment

FunkyButtLovin I was thinking the same. I have about 10 1 Gal pots. As per the space 9 pots would fit just completely. I was just unsure because firstly I had doubts over 1 Gal pots. Secondly I have only one light(PAR600) for canopy. Would that be enough for the entire space?

This is my first grow. I am thinking of doing lst and top if 6 pots and only lst if 9. I have a net which came with the tent. It is made out of thread but it will cover the canopy. I am not sure how well they will sustain the branches though.
      2.5 x 2.5 tent
      Viparspectra PAR600
      4" Fan & Filter
      Coco-Perlite
      GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
      1x Cream Cookies
      1x Pineapple Express
      1x Northern Lights
      1x White Widow

Comment

That light looks to be a pretty good blurple and I think it will do ok if you can keep a nice, even canopy. Of course more light would be nice, especially come flowering time so if you can save up for an upgrade or supplemental lighting.

Comment

Yeah I am worried of flowering period. I don't have extra lighting. I can't use HPS or other because I live in tropical hot climate. I have seen others' plants getting hermies. Let's see how it goes.!
          2.5 x 2.5 tent
          Viparspectra PAR600
          4" Fan & Filter
          Coco-Perlite
          GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
          1x Cream Cookies
          1x Pineapple Express
          1x Northern Lights
          1x White Widow

Comment

I really would like to see this grow. I'm doing 3 auto flower and 3 photo all in young teen stages right now in a 4x4 it's a real test of growing, keeping plants healthy.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• herbgrower
              herbgrower commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah! I am gonna make new thread to journal the grow. This is gonna be my challenge of the year. Let's see how it goes!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X