No announcement yet.

Urgent help / reassurance please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Urgent help / reassurance please...

Hi everyone

I'm panicking a bit as this is my first ever grow and its getting near the end, only to have a problem the other day. I was rushed into hospital for a coup0le of days and so my girls had no water. When I got home 2 of the plants were badly drooped, so I gave lots of water and the majority of the branches seem ok, although one branch now seems dead.

This happened just at the worst time, as I had just got to the stage where I was starting to check the Trichomes for colour changes to see when to do my flush (Im growing Autoflowers in Coco). So, a few days on from the crisis the plants seemed ok. I now notice all 3 plants have the odd amber trichome and so I've started my flush.

My big concern is that the trichomes have actually changed colour because of the water issue, rather than that they are ready, as the 'dead/dying' branch trichomes have now all gone amber. I've attached a few photos showing a good looking stem and a much more sparse stem (which looks like it has too far to go for me to have started flushing. Also a pic of the dying branch.

Could someone please have a look and see if they can tell whether the plants look ready to have started a flush or are they still too young and that some of the trichomes have simply turned amber because of the trauma?

I appreciate its hard to tell from the pics, but any help would be amazing, as I'm pulling my hair out here.

Thanks
    Kieran
    Attached Files

hey Murf hope your doing better. The plants look to have rebounded pretty well except for that one branch. Sorry i cant see trichomes in pics, but by the looks of all the white pistils, you still have quite a while to go. 4-6 weeks maybe more. Buds got some fattening up to do!
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

From what little I can see the buds have quite a bit of fattening up to do yet. You'll get better responses if you turn off the blurple light and use a flash.

Comment

PRIMO - Thanks and good point, I'll add some more photos which I hope will help.

Comment

homegrown - I added some better photos, but it sounds like I ignore the amber Trichomes and get back to feeding them then? I didn't think they looked anywhere near ready, but I was concerned with the change of colour. Thanks!
          P.S. I'll probably be back asking again in a couple of weeks LOL

Comment

How old are they? They have a number of days to go yet.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X