Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To tent or not to tent that is my question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To tent or not to tent that is my question...

Does it really pay to grow in a tent vs lighting over the plants in an open room. Based on your own experience does it make a big difference?

I used to grow in a 4x4x8 Gorilla Tent until it became a trip and fall hazard. Now I'm in open room on a height adjustable table with rollers. Haven't noticed any yield difference, but the safety aspect and ease of operation makes it a real pleasure. I'm 72 with cataracts. Auto grower.
    Last edited by quirk; 01-04-2020, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I agree ... my first was in an open room and was easy to move in until plants got big...but the 4x8 tent is harder for me to move around in, lights are lower, fan, tubes... I may just go back to a room

Comment

I am seriously thinking about going all auto and just open room grow. I only need the tent to provide darkness to the photo plants while flowering. Temps and humidity would be easier to keep down, I wouldn't need an exhaust fan, I could move the plants around easier and I could move around the plants easier. I think I'm talking myself into it. I almost wish I didn't even have photos going now.

Comment

• Thunderfirst
          Thunderfirst commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm also thinking of going all auto. Logic seems to tell me it would sure make indoor grow ALOT easier. Glad to hear someone also feels the same way if I'm reading this correctly.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you’ve talked me back into it as well 👍. In a perpetual grow I can see how the tents can provide isolation for different lighting schedules but, that isn’t me.

I started a few plants in a barrel with fan and one LED light. Have since built a 3 by 4 grow room with 5 LEDs. First grow, will learn. Wish me luck.

Comment

I'm seeing this in my future. To tell you the truth I like my 3x3x6 better than my 4x4x8 for all the above reasons. I can't stand the door of 4x4 that zipper
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I prefer grow rooms, of course. I started with the room then built my easy-access cabinets around them. As prohibition ends I think it's time to migrate to more permanent solutions for the plants. A dedicated grow room is a good place to start.
            2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
            2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
            2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
            2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

I have a 5×10×7 tent its huge and I am having access problems with 11 plants in there. This is my first time using a tent and I like it. For me it makes it easier to keep a sterile environment and also is easier to control and vent the heat generated by the lights. I had a few crappy temporary rooms before, so this is a step up. If I could get permission to permanently convert spare rooms into grow rooms I would but the mrs would freak out if I wrapped the back half of the house in mylar and started drilling holes.

Comment

• BaccaRacca
                BaccaRacca commented
                Editing a comment
                Sometimes, if you sit the Missus down with a really good late-harvest indica, you shouldn't have much resistance to the drilling.

LOL! Great idea!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X