Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrblu
    commented on 's reply
    It takes far less light to veg. Light is food, when they flower they get very hungry, much much more is needed.

• Thunderfirst
    replied
    Will try tomorrow. Right now they are 4hrs in dark. Won't see them again for almost nine hrs. Thanks for the responses.

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    This could help as well.
    There many grow lights that work well for growing cannabis indoors, but they boil down to 3 popular types: fluorescents (CFLs, T5s), HIDs (MH, HPS, LEC) and LEDs. Learn the differences so you can pick the best option for your setup!

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Thunderfist, What we are saying is the true wattage drawn at the plugin is the way to determine what you will need to flower your plants. There are some manufacturers who state their lights are 1000W equivalent but only draw 150W actual power.
    You could keep adding more of the same lights but there are other alternatives that may make more sense.
    Can you send a picture of your setup? and the lights you are using? that could help in seeing your situation.

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    Can you share some pics of your setup?

• Thunderfirst
    replied
    An 8w grow light sustained the entire area for 10wks of veg. and grew well. Maybe I'm misguided in thinking 5 times that amount would be sufficient for flowering. Would adding more of the same seem unreasonable?

Leave a comment:

• Thunderfirst
    replied
    Are you saying the 8w grow light stated to have 65w equivalent is only giving out 8w each for a total of 40w for the area and not 65w/ 325w total.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    I am running about 45W/sf of better quality lighting for my 2x4 tent so I agree Mrblu. There are so many articles out there stating anywhere from 30 to 60W but too much will have diminishing returns.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Ahh! so at 8W/light you are using 40 W total. Most experienced growers will tell you that 30W/sq ft is needed to flower properly so your nearly 9 sq ft would need 270W if the space is full of plants. Seems like you have enough light for seedling stage and very early veg. After that you will need more wattage to have better results.

welcome to the forum btw.

• Mrblu
    replied
    I have read that generally 50watt of real power from the wall (not equivalent) per square foot is a good rule of thumb, high end lighting you can get away with 35w/sf

Leave a comment:

• Thunderfirst
    replied
    Hello JohnEmad,
    Thank you for responding. They are Great Value Plant Light LED BR Reflector. They are claimed to 8w usage / 65w equivalent. I had vegged them with just one of these lights at 1ft distance but read to flower properly I would need alot more wattage. They were shifted to 12/12 light schedule 12-21-2019. Installed the four other lights today, 1-4-2019 and lowered them to between 8 to 10 inches. Watching carefully for the stretch to occur and try to make adjustments accordingly.
    ​​

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Hi Thunderfist,
    What make of lights are they? Are they true 65 Watt? At first look you appear to have enough light.

Leave a comment:

• Thunderfirst
    started a topic Lighting

Lighting

I am using five 65w LED grow lights approximately 8 to 10 inches above plants in a 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 ft grow room. Is this enough light for successful flowering?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X