Which light??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Which light??

Hi. Can you please tell me which light you think will be best for my grow set up? I only have room to grow three plants at a time (not in a tent). Here are the two lights that I’m considering (both get great reviews):

Phlizon CREE Cob Series 1000W LED or

SpiderFarm SF-1000 quantum

Thank you!!!!

I have very limited exposure to the CREE COB lights but I have a ton of experience with the Samsung 301B’s and the Meanwell drivers are darn good so, Given that, I’d go spiderfarm. I’m reasonably sure CREE opinions will pop up shortly

Comment

Thank you Farmall! I appreciate your input.

Comment

Of the two I'd go with the Spider Farmer although it may not be quite as bright, it is probably much more efficient. In that style and price range, I like the HLG 100 QB a bit better and you can choose between 3000k & 4000k. I also think the Mars Hydro SP150 would do well for a rectangular space for $10 cheaper. I'm thinking about trying cobs myself and am looking at ones like the Autocob or Rapid Led over the blurple box style (sorry, idk what to call it) like the Philzon. The cost is much higher per watt but I believe them to perform much better per watt. All of these options, including the 2 you listed will grow you some nice herb but in my opinion, none of them are going to give you the amount of light and spread needed to flower 3 good sized plants really well. However, since you're not in a tent have you looked into HID? You could spend about the same money, maybe a good bit less and get all the performance you want to fully grow your 3 plants now and if you can find a bigger space later, you could up that to 6 or more.

Comment

Thank you so much, FBL! I like that the quantum lights are not too heavy... I have a metro shelf that I’m using and I don’t want to hang a light that’s too heavy. I don’t know what the HLG 100 QB is but I’m going to look it up now.

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Bear in mind CatMomma once this bug grabs your full attention, you may find yourself updating equipment as the next few grows develop. Start off lightly (no pun). Lighting technology may be the fastest changing component of your arsenal. By next year there could be a 35-50% change in LED products. A grower can spend big money chasing lighting, growing products and invest a lot of time. Once you look back and find your zone...make that jump then. My 2 cents. That may be all it’s worth so

Thank you, Farmall! I think the bug is already biting... I feel like I’m obsessing about this... there’s SO much to learn; and I don’t know any other people where I live (non-legal state) who are doing this, which is why this online community is so vital for people like me who have a million questions.

Comment

I have the same issue and there is no one I would be talking to or learning from. This and only this site and its amazing members has become my cannabis college. Although I have taken many courses and read more books than i have read in high school and college COMBINED! That helps too but you are clearly not alone.

you will find that once you have a readily established skill for growing, the equipment just changes. When you can easily handle growth problems, pests, deficiency troubles, diagnosing abnormalities and all those allied components....your equipment can make a difference, until then. The best growing systems in the world can’t produce
            Last edited by Farmall; 01-05-2020, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X